Mexico 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
    I mean that costs $150 every time even if it doesn’t work. At least taking one undeclared only costs you when you get caught

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Trash bag, bottom of an ice chest full of ice leave the lid open for a coupe hours and let the ice cubes app freeze into one big chunk of ice. Throw a coupe drinks on top to make it look legit.......I’ve been told this works��

Comment

I’ve heard putting them in the bottom of fold up chair bags has worked a time or two then put chair on top [emoji2371]

Comment

Info
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CodyWitt View Post
            Trash bag, bottom of an ice chest full of ice leave the lid open for a coupe hours and let the ice cubes app freeze into one big chunk of ice. Throw a coupe drinks on top to make it look legit.......I’ve been told this works��
            Maybe maybe not ask me how I know

Comment

Money back if it doesn’t pass inspection?
              I was told he crosses them for you. I have not used him, this is info BO passed along to us.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                In the end, all of that is all that matters. Congrats on a great trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes sir it truly is!

Comment

Originally posted by sneaky freak View Post
                  I was told he crosses them for you. I have not used him, this is info BO passed along to us.
                  I like that idea

Comment

I like that idea
                    Me too as long as it is a true tan as stated above, if not my next option would be 12 pt taxidermy as many have used already. Just makes life easier crossing back

Comment

That taxidermist francisco granger works for angadi.
                      He brought us our gun permits to colombia and handed us a brochure. Did say he would cross his work to the us side and meet here.
                      Anyone got one done by him or have actual pics of his work?

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                        What's an avg cape running you guys? Taxidermist I have used in the past has one but he wants $150, seems high....
                        Price coincides with size, condition and beauty.. I've seen beautiful 24"-26" capes go for $300 green.. If it's a big cape(22" or better at ears)and in good shape, with a big head(7 3/4"), $150 is dirt cheap. If that price is for a tanned capes then buy them ALL because your stealing them... Big capes like that are not easy to find for 3 reasons..

1. Not many deer, with bodies that big, are killed and not mounted.
                        2. When a taxidermist gets spares that are that big he won't usually sell them because he knows how hard they are to get..
                        3. Hunters that shoot BIG bodied management deer just chop the heads off because they are clueless as to what they are worth so don't know any better AND they do not know how to "cape" a deer head out so that the cape can be properly stored to keep it cold and this makes storage and transportation much more difficult.. Sadly Hundreds are thrown in the gut pit every year!!!
                        Last edited by PondPopper; 12-07-2019, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                          Only if the tan is good and not some crap pickle job. You should see the stuff that comes from South Africa supposedly "tanned" over there. Does no good to get a skin in that is basically unmountable, or very hard to work with. Throw your $150 in the trash.
                          All skins have to be pickled before they are tanned. If it's a true tan pickling is just 1 step in the 8 step process. But yea some African tans suck.. And some tans done in Texas suck too..

The guy in Mexico is most likely using Alum to tan with..
                          Last edited by PondPopper; 12-07-2019, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Woodpecker

Calling all peckers.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Love It, what a great idea!

Comment

That snake will work with most boyeez too!! Great idea

Comment

Working...
                                X