No announcement yet.

Remote on feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mine quit working altogether after a couple of years. replaced it with a wireless remote bought online with two remotes....less than $10.....works well at 30 yards, have not tried beyond that because I am bowhunting

Comment

Have you tried swapping one off your other feeders to see if it's just that one?

Comment

Originally posted by rudedog47 View Post
        mine quit working altogether after a couple of years. replaced it with a wireless remote bought online with two remotes....less than $10.....works well at 30 yards, have not tried beyond that because I am bowhunting
        Do you have a brand or link to what your using, what style feeder do you have

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
          Have you tried swapping one off your other feeders to see if it's just that one?
          Yes sir, same result, that’s what leads me to believe the cage is causing an interference. Just was hoping someone had some sorta fix for it.

Comment

Following. Having issues too. The Timer with time remote.

Wondering if you can add a longer antenna?

Comment

You need to get the antenna outside of the cage if you want it to work beyond 15 yards.

Comment

Remote on feeder

Originally posted by DeerGeek View Post
                Following. Having issues too. The Timer with time remote.

Wondering if you can add a longer antenna?

That might actually work with a longer antenna. Try it and report back haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the exact same All Season stand and fill with “the Remote” on it. Mine does work with the antenna on the side but only out to about 50 yards. Works fine from my bow blind but not from the longer distance. I’m thinking the cage is interfering with it working correctly. Haven’t tried anything to see if it helps yet or not.

I have the remote at my other spot on a different feeder and it works out to about 125 yards with no issues. This feeder doesn’t have a cage on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                    I have the exact same All Season stand and fill with “the Remote” on it. Mine does work with the antenna on the side but only out to about 50 yards. Works fine from my bow blind but not from the longer distance. I’m thinking the cage is interfering with it working correctly. Haven’t tried anything to see if it helps yet or not.

I have the remote at my other spot on a different feeder and it works out to about 125 yards with no issues. This feeder doesn’t have a cage on it.
                    I only bow hunt and my feeder is about 25 yards. It will work every now in then from the stand, but not very often. I can walk to about 15 yards and it works every time. I would be good if I could get it to work out to about 25 to 30 yards.

Comment

Remote on feeder

Mine works fine on two stand and fills. Did you drill the hole for the antenna to stick out(if you are using “The Remote”). I’m 70-100 yards away and it works when I hold the remote vertical and toward the feeder.

Looking at your picture, I drilled the hole in the bottom of the control box rather than the side. That’s the only thing/difference I can suggest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by Sparzo; 12-04-2019, 07:54 PM.

Comment

If it were me, the next thing I would do is get an extension cable for the antenna and try to put it up higher at the top of the feeder. Or just mount the receiver higher on the feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
                          I only bow hunt and my feeder is about 25 yards. It will work every now in then from the stand, but not very often. I can walk to about 15 yards and it works every time. I would be good if I could get it to work out to about 25 to 30 yards.
                          I do think there’s some issues with it working correctly on this particular feeder combo. I had this same remote on another feeder there and it worked fine till I changed feeders to this one.

Wonder if it’s a get lucky kinda deal on where the antenna needs to be mounted on it. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                            I do think there’s some issues with it working correctly on this particular feeder combo. I had this same remote on another feeder there and it worked fine till I changed feeders to this one.

Wonder if it’s a get lucky kinda deal on where the antenna needs to be mounted on it. Lol
                            May try it in a different spot just to see

Comment

I must be lucky. Mine works 90% of the time at 175 yards. But it’s not on a stand and fill and I don’t have a cage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X