Fence line etiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Radar View Post
    Happened last year at two of my neighbors, feeder on fence line, lots of hate going on, then a buck got shot and jumped fence. PoPo was called and no permission to get deer, end of story.

I heard both sides of the story and quite honestly if you put a feeder on a fence line and shoot a deer. Please hope that it does not go on the neighbors.
    So the deer died and just rotted away?

Comment

Originally posted by Alta View Post

So the deer died and just rotted away?
      I dont know, never asked. I do know that the guy that shot the buck never got his deer.

Comment

Maintain relationships and the '******** neighbor' scenario wont ever have to be dealt with.

Leaving a note and dismantling a feeder wreaks of issues between land owners...not this leaser.

Comment

Looks like about 3 of us were raised hunting right on this thread.That deer b gone spray works great on fence lines with feeders.

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          Exactly...it's just good ole tx respect & assumed rules just like leaving gates how you found them if unsure, using the reverse lights to help the passenger lock up the gate & stopping to pick up trash.

I was raised not to set up permanent feeders & blinds on property lines because it was considered poor hunting manners...100yds has always been the unwritten rule & it sure doesn't need to be or ever been on a set of rules by property owner because we know better. This is exactly how good hunters got & still get fenced out of the King / Kennedy / East etc. Ranches & if they were not so greedy would still have that deer traffic.

Comment

Have neighbors that hunt fence line pretty hard. Still do. Now there’s a nice tall high fence between us now. They’re great neighbors.

Comment

Originally posted by crc View Post
              Have neighbors that hunt fence line pretty hard. Still do. Now there’s a nice tall high fence between us now. They’re great neighbors.
              High fence is a equalizer for sure.. THE END!!

Comment

Originally posted by TXDUCKCUTTER View Post
                Looks like about 3 of us were raised hunting right on this thread.That deer b gone spray works great on fence lines with feeders.
                Lol

Comment

Originally posted by crc View Post
                  And isn't it interesting that when the wire goes up the stands are then moved completely out of sight..... Hmmm, why is that? Now they are on the other LF fence lines.. LMAO

Comment

These are always pleasant, feel good, warm fuzzy feeling threads

Comment

Originally posted by alien_scones View Post
                      We have a hunter on our lease that has a deer feeder about 60 feet away from a property line / fence line. This feeder – well – several feeders over the years – has been in this location for over 6 years.

So today – said hunter found the attached note in the timer motor box, with the battery disconnected from the timer.

So yes we all at the lease are all bees nest hopping mad. The landowner was called and he of course is not happy. It has yet to be determined if he is upset with said hunter or trespassing neighbor. I suspect both.

What is the thought process for someone to cross fence lines, trespass and disable a feeder that is near but not on a fence line?

Does anyone recognize the paper form that the nextdoor.com like request is written on?

Yes we are all hopping mad but I want to think if all parties met at the same campfire and plenty of brews any disagreements could be easily and quickly settled.

I want to think if I was said donkey-hole in question I would have included my cellphone and email address in the note.

Here’s the suspense hook: There might be perp pics coming soon.

Disclosure: I myself had a feeder about 25 feet away from a fence line on the other side of the property - different neighbor/landowner. After reading several fence line etiquette posts here on TBH I eventually moved it away more than 100 yards away. But I’m a new guy still learning.

Also, for you TBH super-sleuths out there that can figure out the area that I’m talking about, just don’t. Please. I would like to keep the drama at a minimum.

update: we will be moving said feeder another 50 yards away from the fence line this weekend.
                      well?

Comment

I once put in a 200-yard long, high fence section on an otherwise low fence property to solve your neighbor's particular problem. The feeder by the property line disappeared right after.
                        Your neighbor made a terrible decision by trespassing and your anger is justified, full stop.
                        A feeder by a property line is not exactly neighborly either, as others have pointed out you probably wouldn't like it if the roles were reversed.

Comment

I just bought a place that had not only one but TWO feeders 25' from the property line fence. That was the first thing I did was move the feeders/blinds to the center of my property, out of sight. I got in contact with the neighbor, introduced myself, and also let him know I moved the feeders/blinds that the old owner had there. Just by that small deal, he has agreed to split my new fence bill with me on his property line, and also has invited me on his land for coyote calling after deer season.

Needless to say, once you get along with your neighbor. Life is a lot easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Sky View Post
                            I just bought a place that had not only one but TWO feeders 25' from the property line fence. That was the first thing I did was move the feeders/blinds to the center of my property, out of sight. I got in contact with the neighbor, introduced myself, and also let him know I moved the feeders/blinds that the old owner had there. Just by that small deal, he has agreed to split my new fence bill with me on his property line, and also has invited me on his land for coyote calling after deer season.

Needless to say, once you get along with your neighbor. Life is a lot easier.
                            And THAT is how you do it folks..^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                              And THAT is how you do it folks..^^^^^^^^^^
                              Have you decided if I'm allowed to hunt my 11 acres yet?

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                                Have you decided if I'm allowed to hunt my 11 acres yet?
                                Just do the best you can with your situation while keeping the neighbors in mind while doing so with hopes they will do the same!

Comment

Working...
                                X