Trolling motor size recommendation??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a 20' fisher center console aluminum boat with a 60hp Mercury outboard. What size bow mount trolling motor would be sufficient for this boat? Its a heavy built boat so I'm guessing minimum 80lb thrust.
    Will be freshwater only.

Get the biggest you can afford. On a 20' I would go 36 volt motor.

Comment

80 lb would be great. I have one on a 22 ft ranger center console. Never had a problem

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Can’t ever be overpowered with a trolling motor. I’d say biggest you can get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My dad has ran a 12v 70lb minn Kota on a 20’ Boatright for years with no problem. The newer one he has doesn’t seem to be as strong as the old one he didn’t want to switch to a 24v unit.

I have a 24v 80lbs terrova on my 20’ Majek and it will pull the boat faster than you can fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I run a 80lb on a 548 war eagle , there’s no such thing as to much power.

Comment

If you have the battery space go with the 36 volt. If not get a 24 volt digital trolling motor. Motor guide makes a tour 24 volt 82 lbs thrust motor. The digital will get you longer use out of your batteries throught ot the day.

Comment

Working...
              X