No announcement yet.

Nicest Restaurant Ever !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a vendor take me and a couple of coworkers to a place called Doris Metropolitan in the French Quarter in New Orleans several years ago. I wouldn’t say it was an overly swank place but nothing about it sucked that’s for sure. I had the lamb chops and they were just stupid.....I mean plain STUPID GOOD!
    I’m not sure what the final bill was that night but it wasn’t a cheap date I promise you. Not my kinda place if I’m buying but I’d **** sure go again on someone else's dime.

Comment

I ate at a place called the Chart House years ago in Steamboat Springs.I remembered thinking that was the fanciest joint I'd ever been to.
      Far as the best I'd have to say Bonnel's in Ft.Worth,or the restaurant on the Hyatt Hill Country grounds.Both are fantastic!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Mommas Fish House.

North shore Maui. Everything about this place is magic.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
          Not sure where this fell on y'alls fancy list but I sure miss "Old San Francisco Steakhouse" in Austin.
          With the Cabaret girl and cheese block.

Comment

Tony’s if in Houston. No contest.

Galatoire’s in NOLA.

Comment

I'm a big fan on Bohanan's in San Antonio and eat there when we can. They have a bone in fillet that is awesome.

That and we enjoy Fogo de Chao too. They have the coolest wine cellar and the food is great.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                Not sure where this fell on y'alls fancy list but I sure miss "Old San Francisco Steakhouse" in Austin.
                I remember eating at Old San Fran Steakhouse in Houston on Westheimer. Unique atmosphere and good steak at reasonable price. This was probably 25 years ago.

Comment

1.5 inch Ribeye steak cooked over a mesquite pit and mixed vegetables in tin foil and a mixed drink at The Ancell!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard S. View Post
                    I remember eating at Old San Fran Steakhouse in Houston on Westheimer. Unique atmosphere and good steak at reasonable price. This was probably 25 years ago.
                    This is where we went prom night to eat 23 yesrs ago. That makes me feel old lol.

Comment

Our best would be Piccolo Lago Restaurant on Lake Mergozzo near Lake Maggiore and Stresa, Italy. It is 2 star Michelin rated and fortunately did not have to pick up the ticket! My wife and I were with a party of 8 hosted by a mutual fund company. When it came time to pay the check, his company credit card did not have enough available balance to cover the huge tab which included multiple bottles of VERY nice wine. Somewhat embarrassing on him, but he got it worked out!

My wife was impressed by the kitchen, which was behind a huge glass picture window, and you had to pass by it on the way to the tables. It was immaculate, and they let people tour through it. She still talks about them serving the butter on individual small river stones for each person. Outstanding place and experience!

“Recapturing the past, shaping it in the present, handing it over to the future.” A unique place: the restaurant What sets apart a work of art from a simple painting? It is unique and has that “certain something” that defies …
                      Last edited by Burnadell; 08-15-2019, 09:40 PM.

Comment

I'll second the Restaurant Gary Danko suggestion for when you're on the way to the wine country. The first time I ate there remains my favorite meal ever (and it's been a while now). It used to be possible to just walk up and sit at the bar, but it's worth the time and investment if you can get a reservation and do the full chef's dinner and pairings. The service was at least as good as any I've had elsewhere, and it wasn't that pricey compared to anything comparable in Europe, New York, or Chicago. Of course, San Francisco inflation is probably worse than most, and I haven't eaten there in 5 or 6 years.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                          This is where we went prom night to eat 23 yesrs ago. That makes me feel old lol.
                          We went to the same place 20 years ago.

The wife and I went here for our anniversary a year ago while staying in Gruene. I would say it was legit.

Comment

Originally posted by HouCav View Post
                            I'll second the Restaurant Gary Danko suggestion for when you're on the way to the wine country. The first time I ate there remains my favorite meal ever (and it's been a while now). It used to be possible to just walk up and sit at the bar, but it's worth the time and investment if you can get a reservation and do the full chef's dinner and pairings. The service was at least as good as any I've had elsewhere, and it wasn't that pricey compared to anything comparable in Europe, New York, or Chicago. Of course, San Francisco inflation is probably worse than most, and I haven't eaten there in 5 or 6 years.
                            Two people was close to 600.00 with tip at Gary Danko's in San Francisco near the wharf. The food was good, service good but the city of San Francisco is a dump. I did have food shock there, I like Calamari but not steamed and laying on top of my salad.

Addison's in San Diego,CA is really good and San Diego is not a bad place to visit.

Comment

Eddie Vs seafood is not the fanciest place I have ever been, however it is my favorite of the more pricey places I've been. It has great fresh seafood, awesome service, and happy hour oysters. It would be tops of my list of places I enjoy going to that requires nice attire. Definitely a special occasion type place.

Comment

If in Rocksprings, King Burger is hard to beat.

Comment

Working...
                                X