Remington muzzleloader accuracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remington muzzleloader accuracy

I bought a Remington 700 Ultimate Muzzleloader for my son to hunt mule deer and elk with. The model with the synthetic stock is pretty hard to come by and requires a 4473 so it was a little bit of a hassle finding a new one that the dealer would ship but it finally showed up last week. I put a Nikon P3 muzzleloader loader scope on it with the BDC. We shot it with the recommended loads of 200 grains of triple seven pellets and the 250 grain Remington accutips that they come with. We zeroed it at 150 yds and all together shot it 24 times. At 50 and 100 it was shooting within a 1.5 inch group. At 150 it was shooting a 2.5 inch group. At 200 we fired 4 shots in a 3” group. It’s eight and a half pounds but it’s very well balanced so when it’s shouldered it doesn’t feel heavy at all. The kick is pretty minimal cause it just feels like a real hard shove. I’m gonna take him out this weekend and let him take some 250 and 300 yd shots to see if it will do what Remington advertises at those distances but so far I’m beyond impressed with it.

That's impressive for a muzzle loader.

Comment

Originally posted by hbender1 View Post
      That's impressive for a muzzle loader.

It’s pretty awesome. I’m excited about trying it out at 300. I don’t think I’d let him take a shot over 250 but having a muzzleloader that’s accurate enough to take a 250 yd shot with confidence is pretty nice to have in the mountains.

Comment

Try the federal 275gr bullets they are very accurate out of my TC. I also found that Black horn powder works best and burns cleaner as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas1980 View Post
          It’s pretty awesome. I’m excited about trying it out at 300. I don’t think I’d let him take a shot over 250 but having a muzzleloader that’s accurate enough to take a 250 yd shot with confidence is pretty nice to have in the mountains.
          If you think that is impressive check this out.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

But that's alot for ML[emoji2957]

Comment

I've only shot my RUM out to 250 so far but shoots right at MOA. Its the only muzzleloader I've ever shot so initially I thought they all shot that well. I hope you are as happy with yours as I am with mine.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                If you think that is impressive check this out.

I thought really hard about buying one of those instead. I told him if he takes care of this one and is still wanting to hunt the muzzleloader season in a couple of years then I’ll get him one. It was just hard to drop that kind of money on his first one. And when I say hard I mean hard to tell my wife that’s what it was gonna cost.

Comment

Working...
                X