Laguna Madre/N Padre Island Where to Stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laguna Madre/N Padre Island Where to Stay

Any recommendations on places to stay? 6 of us going down fishing. Can leave the boat at Marker 37 if no slip or parking. Open to just about anything. Brain is turning to mush looking at all the houses/condos online. Prefer 2 or 3 bedroom.

Look at the condos in the mystic harbor complex (our favorite). Or Spinaker both have boat slips launch when you get there and leave it in the water till you leave

Comment

Originally posted by Double D View Post
      Any recommendations on places to stay? 6 of us going down fishing. Can leave the boat at Marker 37 if no slip or parking. Open to just about anything. Brain is turning to mush looking at all the houses/condos online. Prefer 2 or 3 bedroom.
      Get with Chris and ask him where he stayed 2 weeks ago for a fishing trip. It was a 2 bedroom air BNB with a sleeper sofa at a condo in whitecap.

Comment

If you’re ok with using a different marina, take a look in Flour Bluff. Lots of AirBnb and short term rentals and you can launch out of Bluffs Landing. Some places have canal access and you can tie up your boat overnight. Otherwise, the marina has a few slips they’ll rent out cheap for a few days. That’s always been my go to when hauling a boat down there.

Comment

I haven't used Bluffs in a long time but a fishing guide told us 2 weeks ago that they were charging 10 or 20 dollars to launch. That's crazy in my opinion.

Comment

I haven’t confirmed but heard $20 at Bluffs.

Comment

I haven’t confirmed but heard $20 at Bluffs.
              That would be correct. I only usebthem once a year to take my boat out for service. There is a motel there though.

Comment

It’s $20 unless you buy bait then it’s free is what I heard.

Comment

Been a while but we always stayed at bluffs landing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Check out Puente Vista Condos, they’re in the developments on the right as you cross the JFK causeway onto padre island. Stayed in one this past weekend 2 bedroom, may be too tight for 6 adults but if it’s kids and adults it would work. They are right on the bay with canals and boat slips right outside the door (first come, first served). There were plenty of open slips. If you want the contact info for the owner we used I can send that to you.

Comment

We usually stay in Port A and trailer to bird island.

Comment

Please PM contact info. I will search the web for it.

Originally posted by JMart76 View Post
                        Check out Puente Vista Condos, they’re in the developments on the right as you cross the JFK causeway onto padre island. Stayed in one this past weekend 2 bedroom, may be too tight for 6 adults but if it’s kids and adults it would work. They are right on the bay with canals and boat slips right outside the door (first come, first served). There were plenty of open slips. If you want the contact info for the owner we used I can send that to you.

Comment

Please PM contact info. I will search the web for it.
                          Sent

Comment

Originally posted by JMart76 View Post
                            We have stayed at the same condos many times and they are pretty nice imo. 5 min boat ride and your in the Laguna ready to fish. They have several 3 bedroom condos as well and some condos have designated docks/slips.

Comment

Flour Bluff - pool, laguna view, dock for the boat, sleeps 8 and 175.00 per night. Split three ways, is 30 bucks.

​​​​​​https://www.vrbo.com/Corpus-Christi-Hotels-Enjoy-Breathtaking-Bay-Views-From-The-Comfort-Of-A-Large-Front-Deck.h92414820.Hotel-Information/?adults=6&children=&dateless=true&destType=MARKET& destination=Flour%20Bluff%2C%20Corpus%20Christi%2C %20Texas%2C%20United%20States%20of%20America&latLo ng=27.650856%2C-97.297661&neighborhoodId=553248635074841927&privac yTrackingState=CAN_NOT_TRACK&pwaThumbnailDialog=th umbnail-gallery&pwa_ts=1686758310536&referrerUrl=aHR0cHM6L y93d3cudnJiby5jb20vSG90ZWwtU2VhcmNo&regionId=55324 8635074841927&rfrr=HSR&searchId=bb3f0221-16b6-4eef-8600-e3828cc0bae2&sort=RECOMMENDED&useRewards=true&user Intent=&x_pwa=1

You can launch at Packery Channel and or Marker 37, trailer the empty trailer to the house and run the boat to the dock.

I launch a lot at Packery Channel, leave the truck and trailer in the parking lot, Police and Beach patrol keep tabs on the vehicles there since it's a State boat ramp. Puts you at the Packery channel inlet and the run to the JFK Causeway bridge and down the Laguna is close with some decent fishing spots (flounder area), to start the day.

You will want to run in the channels along the Flour Bluff shoreline at low tide - unless you have a skinny water setup.
                              Last edited by AtTheWall; 06-14-2023, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X