DIY - Generator Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY - Generator Box

Made this generator box to help keep my Hondas out of the sun/rain as well as cut down on the noise. They aren't that loud to begin with but every little bit helps especially when one of our better blinds is close to the house.

Tested it out this past weekend and I was really impressed with the results.

As for the noise, I figure I was able to reduce the noise heard in front of the house by at least 50%. Noise coming out of the exhaust port away from the house was reduced at least 25%.

I used reflectix to help insulate the box and sound dampening 1" foam from amazon for the noise.

The exhaust side of the box has two "gates" that work in conjunction with a hinged roof that can be closed when not in use.
    Attached Files

Just make sure that it gets plenty of air!

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
      Just make sure that it gets plenty of air!
      I checked on it regularly to make sure of that, It gets plenty.

The vents on the east side can be removed if I ever suspect its getting too hot in there.

Heat buildup was also the reason for building the rather large exhaust opening.

Comment

10-4

Comment

Looks good. IF it ever cools off, you will be just fine.
          don't forget to check for those creepy crawly things when opening the lid.

Comment

Great job. I have been needing to build one of these to help with the noise of my generator. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Working...
            X