epoxy resin table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

epoxy resin table

anyone have any experience making one? i've seen quite a few videos about it. theres a guy on fb that makes "river" tables that look pretty sharp. thinking about making something for my office.

Yessir I’ve made a couple of them. It’s not too complicated. If you have any questions just let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I make them. I do it part time, "Lone Star Mesquite" is business name. I don't advertise much.
      It is fun, there is a learning curve and you'll want to try different techniques, colors of epoxy etc... Just made a custom live edge desk for a guy from Houston, Make mantles and tables and all require epoxy.
      You don't have to have a giant river of epoxy to make them look good either so no need to buy gallons of expensive material to begin with.
      I would suggest playing around with some smaller projects first. I make a lot of cutting boards and incorporate epoxy into them, it's a good place to start also.

Comment

im wanting to make a pedestal stand for a full strut turkey mount i just got back. can you buy the resin at lowes or home depot? ive been watching a guy online. man that stuff is sure neat.

Comment

I’ve been looking into this as well. I didn’t see any epoxy at Home Depot or Lowe’s that is a sizable amount for a table. Only the small tubes. Prob have to buy off amazon or somewhere like rockler but prob pretty pricy there

Comment

Hobby shops or online, I found them.

Comment

Amazon is your best friend. And in my experience mica based pigment looks the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lowes and Home Depot carry "Famowood" A box with 2- 1/2 gallon jugs inside.
                I think it is right around $68 for the box.
                I also buy it on line for about $58/box. So if you have free shipping from Amazon it saves a little if you aren't in a rush.
                If you want to pour deep pours...2" or more you need to use multiple layers or use a different product. It will heat up and do some unsightly things that you will need to try to fix.

Comment

I just did a table with Famowood epoxy from Home Depot (1 gallon). My table was 80"x40" with a live edge so I had run-off and used the entire gallon. As rattlesnake Dan mentioned, if you want it to be thicker than 1/16 - 1/8" you are going to need more than one coat.

Comment

I am in process of putting one together. What epoxy do you recommend for the deep pours. This one will have rivers at least 1 inch deep.

Comment

Working...
                    X