Cornhole Toss Boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cornhole Toss Boards

I’ve seen lots of nice boards. But I wanted something I’m not gonna see anywhere else, so.... I decided to make my own. They’re made out of tongue & groove Cedar that has some blue/grey staining. I love the knots & the worm holes. I think it gives the boards character. I filled the holes with epoxy, which was a major pain in the butt. I countersunk each screw & plugged the holes with oak plugs, & then sanded until I was blue in the face. I used a round over bit to router all the edges & hole. A buddy cut the 6” holes for me & helped with the legs. I finished it with four coats of Minwax Polycrylic (water based) & have installed a lighted ring underneath the hole for playing at after the sun has set. I still haven’t found the latches I want use to hold them together for storage, but I’m not in a hurry & will eventually find the “right” ones.

Pics will follow.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Awesome project. Looking forward to the finished product

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
          Awesome project. Looking forward to the finished product
          Oh they're done brother. The last pic was just to show the difference of how the Minwax product made the wood "pop" to life. First few are the finished product. Thanks!

Comment

Nice boards!

Comment

Looks great! Following along for updates

Comment

Those are awesome.

Comment

Thanks guys. As for those "following for updates"....lol, there won't be any. Those boards are staying all natural with that clear coat on them. I love the natural colors of the wood and all the character from the knots and worm holes. The only things that will be added, will be the lighted ring that will be mounted underneath the 6" hole and the hardware latches to keep them together when not in use. The wife is making a nice carrying bag for them to help keep them from getting beat up/damaged. Thanks again for the comments!

Comment

Good looking toss boards, nice project.

Comment

Would love to see once there lit up

Comment

Will do. I should be home later this week.

Comment

Nice work

Comment

awesome

Comment

Very nice. Really like the natural look. Those bug holes give it a lot of character.

Comment

Working...
                              X