Another Lil Skinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Lil Skinner

Another Lil Skinner 1084 59rc, 6 7/8 OAL, blade 3”, Stabilized Spalted Maple handle, Dark Green G-10 Liners.
    I’ve been putting on slanted contrasting bolsters so I thought I’d change this one up a bit, I still have another blade ready for handles this morning I’m not sure what I’ll do with that. I know it has to be quick I’m way behind on custom orders that will take me all the way to December. Business is Great!

You went back to stitching, huh? :-) It looks great as usual. I like how you change up your sheaths from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by SamHarper View Post
      You went back to stitching, huh? :-) It looks great as usual. I like how you change up your sheaths from time to time.
      Sam that was just an experiment; I've been doing sheaths like that for years. I think on a rustic bowie it might look good.

Comment

What does one just like this cost a fella? I like it

Comment

Originally posted by TMC50 View Post
          What does one just like this cost a fella? I like it
          I sell those for $130.00 TYD.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjankowski View Post
            I sell those for $130.00 TYD.
            Awesome gonna shoot you a pm

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Very nice love the look of that one.

Comment

That one is already sold; I make them all the time with various handles, that is one and my "Working Mans" EDC are my best selling knives. I have close to 20 to make before Christmas for customers.

Comment

excellent craftsmanship

Comment

Originally posted by Bjankowski View Post
                      That one is already sold; I make them all the time with various handles, that is one and my "Working Mans" EDC are my best selling knives. I have close to 20 to make before Christmas for customers.
                      Do you make knives full time? Is it your regular job?

Comment

Originally posted by SamHarper View Post
                        Do you make knives full time? Is it your regular job?
                        Sam I'm a Consultant for Movie Theater owners; I design them and oversee construction from the conception to the grand opening. I've been trying to retire from that business for the last five years but I can't turn down the money it's incredible. That being said; for the first five or six months of each project I'm only on location a day or two every two weeks so I have time to work on knives.

This time of the year I'm so busy with special orders for hunters and Christmas however this is also the time of the year that I spend a lot of time at my lake house and my ranch, fishing and hunting. So making knives at this time is a pain, but I do have long time customers that I keep happy.

I don't ever want to make knives for a living again; at my age (65) I don't want to be tied down to ANYTING and I don't want to work that hard ! All the money I make a year from knives is my toy money for hunting and fishing and whatever I need in the shop. I have all the business I want; I have a months waiting list.
                        Last edited by Bjankowski; 10-02-2014, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Looks great, I just started a collection of knives. I might be looking your way one of these days

Comment

Working...
                          X