Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remembering Dale Earnhardt....20 years ago today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remembering Dale Earnhardt....20 years ago today!

Can’t believe it’s been 20 years today since the tragedy that took away The Intimidator! He put Nascar on the map for me. I wasn’t really a huge fan before and to be honest I’ve lost most interest since his son Dale Jr retired.
    The man was a legend that’s for sure. RIP #3

Dang 20yrs! Wow

Comment

I’ve never been a fan of Nascar, but I do remember where I was when I heard on the radio that he had died.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Intimidator!!

Comment

He was the man

Comment

Wow, time flies!!
            I was sitting in the parking lot of ASU Beebe preparing for a English class when it came on the radio.

Comment

Wow. Doesn’t seem that long ago...
              He had always been one of my favorites.
              I am with RascalArms. I pretty much quit watching it when little E retired.
              RIP Dale.

Comment

Time sure does fly by! RIP Dale

Comment

Wow.... 20 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Didn't really know much about the sport but was a sad deal, just remember one of friends Dad said he got what he deserved, I guess he was a mean son of a gun.

Comment

I was at a UT baseball game. it had just finished when my cell phone blew up. People call me to tell me about the race and I did not want to hear the outcome because I had recorded it. That is when another friend called and stated that Dale had been killed in a wreck. I could not believe it. I got all caught up when I got home because of all the news. I have also lost interest in NASCAR since Dale Jr retired, but I will catch a race every now and then. Not like I used to be though.

Comment

I had just started watchin nascar when it happened.
                        Was a sad deal watchin on tv.
                        Darrell Waltrip calling the Daytona 500 while his brother Michael Waltrip won it in a DEI car and #3 crashed was pretty surreal.
                        The tributes for him at ea track that year were amazing.
                        If youve never gone to a race, you owe it to yourself to see 1 in person.
                        Its amazing how fast they run.
                        Fighter pjlots on wheels.
                        His death caused nascar to implement lots of major safety measures.
                        RIP

Comment

I remember it well, today is my birthday.

Comment

Alot of people probably don't know who he even is. Hardly anyone even watches NASCAR any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Smith View Post
                              I remember it well, today is my birthday.
                              Happy birthday.

The crazy thing is how much they did to those cars and helmets since he passed . Sad took him getting killed for it to happen. That hit he took is nothing like they take now days and the guys just walk away from it for the most part .

Comment

Working...
                              X