Cost to Get Power to Camp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost to Get Power to Camp?

Looking to see if someone knows a ballpark figure to run power roughly 300'. This would be to plug in a 30amp RV so probably just gonna need 100amp service. It is DeWitt county so we have to go with Guadalupe Valley Electrical Co-op.

I just had more power ran at my camp. The coop will have an inspector that can come out and give you an estimate. In my case they gave me 130’ free. I just installed a power meter there, and will be running wires this weekend from that spot to the RV outlets.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      I just had more power ran at my camp. The coop will have an inspector that can come out and give you an estimate. In my case they gave me 130’ free. I just installed a power meter there, and will be running wires this weekend from that spot to the RV outlets.
      Yea, we are suppose to meet our inspector Friday at 3:30. I'm hoping to get a rough idea from folks that have done it so I don't have sticker shock when I am told 10 grand.

Comment

Are you running the wire from the meter can out to the outlet or wanting it all in one place? No idea what they charge after the free 130 feet but might be another option to look at.

Comment

Originally posted by Marsh-Rat View Post
          Are you running the wire from the meter can out to the outlet or wanting it all in one place? No idea what they charge after the free 130 feet but might be another option to look at.
          I am not real sure what that means, but I would like to have a pole with a box on it relatively close to my TV so that I can plug the RV in like I would at a campground or my house. Would be nice to have a couple outlets on the box so I don't have to unplug my trailer if I want to run something else.

Comment

From the panel you could run wire underground through pipe and then come up and have your bell boxes and receptacles.

Comment

Got an estimate for $9 per foot to run power in the Hill County after the free footage.

Comment

5 yrs ago. jim well cty. 292', nueces elect coop , they also provided and stabbed the meter pole 7900$,

Comment

Originally posted by Marsh-Rat View Post
                  From the panel you could run wire underground through pipe and then come up and have your bell boxes and receptacles.
                  Think I smell what you're stepping in and it smells good, lol.

Comment

Depends on who your utility provider is. TNMP will rape you. I’m still bleeding.

You really need to size the load with a load calculation. If you want more than an RV outlet in the future, it needs to be sized correctly now.

You are setting poles? Or underground? Pad mount xfmr? Lots of variables can impact your quote.

Comment

I just bought conduit, wire and RV outlets to do 12 spots from 50 to 250 feet from the meter box. I spent $3,600

Comment

Check with your co-op. Many will run a certain distance of overhead for free. You want your meter base as close to the loads as you can get it.

Our co-op for residential will run 400’ of overhead for free. Not sure about deer lease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We got 200' for free, which was about all we needed. Have to get a signed electrical easement to cross any neighboring properties as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Montec man View Post
                            We got 200' for free, which was about all we needed. Have to get a signed electrical easement to cross any neighboring properties as well.

I forgot about the easement issue. If I wanted them to extend the line past what they gave me I would have to give them an easement. I had no desire to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Montec man View Post
                              No easement issues. We'll be running power directly from the roadway, I believe. I suppose GVEC could surprise me and say they have to run power from the opposite side of the property 1.5 miles away.

Comment

Working...
                              X