Fire Ants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blane View Post
    GarGuy are you saying you take a dose every 6 months and do not have an issue with skeeters now? If one is within a mile, it's going to find me and eat me until I kill it. If this is a solution I am in. Like going to the store now.
    I'm being careful not to recomend it. I ain't a dr. Proceed at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Blane View Post
      GarGuy are you saying you take a dose every 6 months and do not have an issue with skeeters now? If one is within a mile, it's going to find me and eat me until I kill it. If this is a solution I am in. Like going to the store now.
      It worked for the rona. Why not

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've seen fire ants 12 feet deep when replacing some pipeline casing pipes. If it freezes that deep, the fire ants ain't all that'll be moving away from here...

Comment

Hope they burrow all the way to China and stay there.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
            Hope they burrow all the way to China and stay there.
            Our Govt' will use our tax dollars to have them imported back

Comment

No effect at all in my opinion because it was not cold enough for long enough to freeze the ground deep enough.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

My fire ants are doing just fine. Found 2 new mounds today.

Comment

I seen thousands on top of ground today alive and well. Seen a mosquito yesterday....

Comment

The freeze didn't touch the fire ants or the dandelions here. I have a 10 week old puppy that got into fire ants twice today - she might be a hard learner.

Comment

Originally posted by rjtkdplus View Post
                      My fire ants are doing just fine. Found 2 new mounds today.

Same here, 2 new mounds. They would survive the apocalypse.

Comment

Mounds everywhere. Waiting for the suckers to re-surface and then treat the mounds. It's a good vision to see thousands dead around the mound. Totally brown..

Comment

Looks like fire ants survived the cold, but I wonder did their nasty little cousin the chigger make it? The Good Lord was likely still plenty steamed at Adam about that apple business when He created chiggers. Such a painful, useless, mean, two week itch devil critter. Stacked up against Mike Tyson chiggers, fire ants are Woody Allen.

OK, OK calm down, if chiggers are Mike Tyson then fire ants are not Woody Allen … they are Woody Harrelson.

Comment

They're doing just fine here, building mounds all over.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                              Looks like fire ants survived the cold, but I wonder did their nasty little cousin the chigger make it? The Good Lord was likely still plenty steamed at Adam about that apple business when He created chiggers. Such a painful, useless, mean, two week itch devil critter. Stacked up against Mike Tyson chiggers, fire ants are Woody Allen.

OK, OK calm down, if chiggers are Mike Tyson then fire ants are not Woody Allen … they are Woody Harrelson.
                              I have TWICE seen chiggers put soneone in the hospital.. trinity river bottom is chigger heaven.

Comment

I was hopeful it would put a dent in them as well but no luck. I burnt my pasture off a couple of weeks ago exposing all of their mounds. I went around yesterday and poured gas on 65 different mounds with live ants before I ran out of gas. This is on 5 acres and I might of gotten a little of half of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X