Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is tomorrow's forecast low temp really..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is tomorrow's forecast low temp really..

the following days Am temps? Generally speaking. Seems stupid. Forecast should tell me what the day's low and high temp is for THAT day. I get it extremes might happen where the low temp actually happens in the pm hours but seems silly to do it they way they publish predicted temps.

I like it like that. My wife don’t get it😄

Comment

Actually lowest temps are just after daylight. Dread it up hunting in mountains waiting for it to warm up early morning.

Those who keep a particularly vigilant eye on the weather might have noticed that on certain mornings, in all seasons, the lowest temperature is often recorded just after sunrise.One of us had a morning paper route as a boy and was puzzled for years about this seemingly counterintuitive phenomena. How could the temperature continue to fall for the few minutes after sunrise on a cold winter morning? Continue reading →

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
        Actually lowest temps are just after daylight. Dread it up hunting in mountains waiting for it to warm up early morning.

https://wxguys.ssec.wisc.edu/2017/01...w-temperature/
        Yeah I get it but when you see the FORECAST they always use the predicted low temp from today as actually tomorrow's predicted daylight temps For example, if I look at Monday's forecast temps for my area it shows 19/35, but actualyl predicted temp for Monday morning is 28 with the 19 coming Tuesday morning. Shouldn't Monday's Forecast be 28/35 ??
        Last edited by buck_wild; 02-11-2021, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Was just chatting with someone about this. Maybe weathermen’s days are diffeeent than ours.

Comment

You need a better weather app.

Comment

It took me 30 min to explain this to my uncle this morning. I still dont think he got it.

Comment

I think it is because day comes before night. So it shows you the day's high temp at the top and then the night's low temp at the bottom. Like reading a book from up to down and left to right.

Comment

Ok folks, hang with me here. Look at the highs for 2 consecutive days...the number in between them is the predicted low for that 12hr period between...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    Ok folks, hang with me here. Look at the highs for 2 consecutive days...the number in between them is the predicted low for that 12hr period between...

Then don't call it Monday's temps when it's happening Tues am

Comment

This is as confusing to some as daylight saving and feeder timers.

Comment

Exactly, not that hard. The way the system is now is perfect. You know the low tonight is gonna be 31 for me and high today is 42, I know from between 5-6 the temp will be on a down hill slide towards 31 with that being the temp when I wake up in the morning. Not complicated at all.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                          I think it is because day comes before night. So it shows you the day's high temp at the top and then the night's low temp at the bottom. Like reading a book from up to down and left to right.
                          Does it? Does day really come before night? I’ve started my “day” in the dark many times.

Comment

Originally posted by Benno View Post
                            Does it? Does day really come before night? I’ve started my “day” in the dark many times.
                            You started your DAY....in the MORNING....which comes before NIGHT. Got nothing to do with light/dark.

Comment

You started your DAY....in the MORNING....which comes before NIGHT. Got nothing to do with light/dark.
                              Oh no. I rolled in many nights and had to go straight to work.

And that just goes more to BW’s point, If the day starts at midnight, then that morning sold be the days low, not the next days morning.
                              Last edited by Benno; 02-11-2021, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X