55 gallon septic- draining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
    Sounds like he just uses the barrels to dump the waste into --- NO lateral lines.

For what you want to do, I would think the pump would work. Sounds like a nasty task.

I've seen folks bury tanks with holes and rocks in the bottom. I've seen lateral lines (also buried). I've also just ran a line out into a field from the trailer which would save you from getting a pump and continuing with emptying the barrels.
    Ya, prolly better to remove the drums and let it leach out in the soil.....unless it's gumbo/clay and holds water. I don't see the benefit of the holding tanks when the end game is to pump it out on the top soil.

Comment

Depending on the soil, and obviously where the property is, best bet would be to rent you a backhoe or mini x and put in 100 ft. of gravel-less pipe.

Comment

Not sure how you installed your system, but I did mine like this and it works great!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8YpYmGTigI&t=90s"]How to INSTALL Your OWN Septic Tank | Septic System Install | Part 3 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

55 gallon septic- draining

Get the pump gatorgar mentioned. Cut a piece of pipe long enough to stick out the barrel by 12” and glue a 90 on it with about a 16” piece of pipe. Tape the float to to pipe so the pump stays on. Use the pipe as a handle to lower the pump into tank. This will keep you clean. Once it’s lowered run a cord far enough away so you don’t get dirty. That pump will launch turds 10’ easily. Plug it in, tank will empty in less than 30sec. Do it at the end of season to give it all time to break down.

Put in a leach line or basin so you don’t need to do this any more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

harbor freight has a submersible sewage pump with float that will pump solids...

Comment

Sounds like you need a grinder pump.

Comment

Absolutely that pump will work. Don’t over think it...ain’t much “solid” after being soaked in urine for months on end. Unfortunately I’ve been involved in many a septic tank pumping and that pump will make quick work of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Watched that whole video and don't even need a septic tank.

Comment

Pull those drums and drill some 1” holes all around them. Then wrap them with burlap before you put them back in the ground. I had a lease with only 1 drum, for 12 years took the wife and 3 kids 90% of the trips and never did anything to the barrel

Comment

Working...
                    X