No announcement yet.

Champion Bass Boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My uncle has a ‘95ish 19 and a half footer, with a 200 merc. It is uglier than homemade soap, but easily the smoothest bass hull ive ever been in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Had a 2006 Champion 206 that I sold a little over a year ago and I still miss it... Best rough water boat I’ve ever fished out of!

Comment

No sir. Been in a Skeeter since 1985 (not the same one) Afraid a Champion would run over me twice. Lol

Comment

Bass cat is using the 203 hull. I forget which model, bud I’ve read it’s as nice a ride when it was stickered as champion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I had an ‘02 223 with a ‘15 Yamaha SHO. I won a pile of money out of it and in 2 years of tournament fishing and guiding on Rayburn I never saw a single day where I couldn’t comfortably run 60mph and be dry as a bone.

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
              No sir. Been in a Skeeter since 1985 (not the same one) Afraid a Champion would run over me twice. Lol
              Glad you can find humor in that. Noted
              Last edited by Fishndude; 02-04-2021, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bow in Hand View Post
                Only reason champion went out of business was because no one had to buy a new one lol
                That was part of it LOL. Platinum equity bought them Stratos and Triton, shuttered Champion right away, they made Champs with Stratos branding for one year then discontinued them. Rumor is Randy Hopper had the Champion molds cut up and destroyed, Champion was an old competitor and he had an axe to grind, it was all eliminating competition. Charger is still producing boats with these hulls, they splashed some Champs and built a new mold, don't know they are selling a ton of them though.
                Last edited by SC-001; 02-04-2021, 10:41 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=zac221;15449847]Bass cat is using the 203 hull. I forget which model, bud I’ve read it’s as nice a ride when it was stickered as champion.

You can get the 203 Hybrid with either a Puma top cap or Cougar top cap! It’s definitely a sweet boat!

Comment

Originally posted by zac221 View Post
                    Bass cat is using the 203 hull. I forget which model, bud I’ve read it’s as nice a ride when it was stickered as champion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    It actually a hybrid, they did build some of these and last I heard were still tinkering with the hull, don't know if it ever made it to production

Comment

[quote=SFAArrowSlinger;15450425]
                      Originally posted by zac221 View Post

You can get the 203 Hybrid with either a Puma top cap or Cougar top cap! It’s definitely a sweet boat!
                      Well I stand corrected I guess it has gone into production

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                        Great boats. Was sad to see them not built any more.

Sierracharlie out....
                        this
                        Originally posted by Roger_Roger View Post
                        One of the best boats I have ever had 223 Champion with 225 Optimax.
                        [ATTACH]1039352[/ATTACH]
                        Fine rig there sir.

I fished thursday tournament with a guy that had a 201 then a 202. Then we had a ray craft that was a 187 copy. Ours was teal and gold with white hull and metal flake. That boat caught more than just fish

Comment

Originally posted by Roger_Roger View Post
                          One of the best boats I have ever had 223 Champion with 225 Optimax.
                          [ATTACH]1039352[/ATTACH]

Used to run one like that in tourneys some! It wasn't my rig. Coming from a 19' Basscat to that sucker it was like trying to plane out an aircraft carrier! Heck of a boat!!

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
                            That was part of it LOL. Platinum equity bought them Stratos and Triton, shuttered Champion right away, they made Champs with Stratos branding for one year then discontinued them. Rumor is Randy Hopper had the Champion molds cut up and destroyed, Champion was an old competitor and he had an axe to grind, it was all eliminating competition. Charger is still producing boats with these hulls, they splashed some Champs and built a new mold, don't know they are selling a ton of them though.
                            Ya that's the short version of that story. Such a shame.

We have a 2007 183 DC with a 150 Merc. It has been a great boat, although I keep lobbying for something bigger. And it will be a bigger Champion. I really like seeing all the pics on here!

Comment

My 171 I bought new years ago. Great little boat. I know a TBHer had it since then and sold it on here i believe.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Champion.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	24642168

Comment

Only picture that I still have. 1998 Champion 202 Bass N Bay saltwater version. 225 Venom. Galvanized trailer, no carpet, and stainless hardware. Probably still the best boat I ever owned.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X