Get your Duramax while you can

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
    I’m going to go out on a limb and say that we will never fully get away from the internal combustion engine and fossil fuels. There is NO way gas and diesel vehicles will be fully eradicated by 2035. I bet they can’t do it by 2050. Now, what I could see is a higher mixture of electric vehicles (some are already out there obviously), some propane or natural gas powered vehicles (those already exist), and there will still be gas and diesel vehicles.

For the average person in a big city that drives back and forth to work every day, I could see electric vehicles being viable. They have a set route, know how long it takes, and would know how much battery life they would need to get to work and home every day. The same can’t be said for most people living outside of a city or that travel a lot for work. And as mentioned before, we aren’t anywhere near having the infrastructure to support electric vehicles
    This. And simply WANTING to quit internal engines by a certain date doesn't make it happen...In 2034, look for the date to be pushed back an additional 10-15 years. There will always be the democrat pols who want to go all electric, and just can't see what the holdup is, since their toy cars run great off batteries...

Comment

Originally posted by softpoint View Post
      This. And simply WANTING to quit internal engines by a certain date doesn't make it happen...In 2034, look for the date to be pushed back an additional 10-15 years. There will always be the democrat pols who want to go all electric, and just can't see what the holdup is, since their toy cars run great off batteries...
      Post 83.

Comment

Guys real question. I looked into this in depth years ago. The burden on the earth producing the electricity seemed to offset the benefit recognized by electric cars. Not to mention the mining, etc that is required to make the batteries, etc. Has something happened that I am not aware of that makes this more viable? I don't pretend to be any sort of expert but all of this seemed a bit suspect to me back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
          Guys real question. I looked into this in depth years ago. The burden on the earth producing the electricity seemed to offset the benefit recognized by electric cars. Not to mention the mining, etc that is required to make the batteries, etc. Has something happened that I am not aware of that makes this more viable? I don't pretend to be any sort of expert but all of this seemed a bit suspect to me back then.
          Pretty much nothing has changed except that batteries are a little more efficient, and car's have more tech than ever.

There has been numerous studies out over the years showing it's far less damaging to the environment to keep driving your current vehicle, instead of buying new. Which I guess is obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
            Agreed!! They cover up the dark side of renewables.

Read about the mining of REE's (Rare Earth Elements) and you wont feel so good about green energy. Scary part is much of the leaching process is done on the surface and generates very toxic byproducts that can easily enter ground/surface water stocks we depend on for life.

Comment

Come on guys not gonna happen. Just think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by doright View Post
                If I could recharge as fast as I can fill up then I would not mind having an electric truck ,but I don't want to sit on the side of the road for hours waiting on a battery to charge.
                This. Until this is fixed long road trips in an electric car are not an option.

Comment

It is unfortunate the liberal re-education camps and propaganda have worked on some folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                    The greenness haven't let us built nuclear plants in years and now we can't build coal or ng plants. Like I said before, not enough fans.
                    Not entirely true.

They’re building Plant Vogtle right now and just got Watts Bar 2 up. Democrats are backing off of the nuclear power hatred these days.

They realize that base load is necessary and nuke is the greenest base load there is.

Comment

It’s interesting that we are getting away from our most plentiful resource, coal.

We need to be utilizing it more effectively.

Comment

Granted, as far as corporate disclosures go, BP is the crazy uncle of the family, but one telling sign of the extent to which the game is on was BP’s withdrawal from the American Petroleum Institute. BP disagreed with API’s position on electric vehicles, so they withdrew support. I believe Total is also pulling out of API, but I need to double check that.

BP has also either let go or re-assigned 600 of its 700 headcount in the O&G exploration department. ...an oil company not interested in finding oil.

Comment

I don’t see it happening. We will never get away from fossil fuels IMO. Green energy’s are regional and are not dependent in regards to their supply levels and availability. Lithium battery technology is expensive and unless they find a way to have adequate storage of power at a reasonable price it’s going to continue to be an option rather than the norm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                            I don’t see it happening. We will never get away from fossil fuels IMO. Green energy’s are regional and are not dependent in regards to their supply levels and availability. Lithium battery technology is expensive and unless they find a way to have adequate storage of power at a reasonable price it’s going to continue to be an option rather than the norm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can forget about the "reasonable price" factor. If Elon is admitting a big stumbling block then who do GM or (my beloved) Ford think they are? They are just doing their duty to appease shareholders and appealing to the green crowd. Waaaay to many hurdles to be spouting off a time table like that.
                            For people to think that our fossil fuel vehicles are the (alleged) problem, well thats just plain naive (or ignorant).

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                              https://www.mining.com/tesla-hit-by-...nickel-prices/

You can forget about the "reasonable price" factor. If Elon is admitting a big stumbling block then who do GM or (my beloved) Ford think they are? They are just doing their duty to appease shareholders and appealing to the green crowd. Waaaay to many hurdles to be spouting off a time table like that.
                              For people to think that our fossil fuel vehicles are the (alleged) problem, well thats just plain naive (or ignorant).
                              I like the ( alleged ) part and agree with it.
                              They can’t even prove there is any such thing as rising temps much less blame it on humanity. It’s all horse hock.

Comment

Fake news!!!!! According to AOC we only have 12 years left.

Comment

Working...
                                X