Leasing property for ag exemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leasing property for ag exemption

Does anyone on here lease their property for an ag exemption?

I was considering leasing to a beekeeper for tax purposes to learn how to be a beekeeper.

Anyone ever done this? Are there people willing to do that?

Bees only get you 2-3 acres of exemption iirc.

I have a little land and it's leased to a rancher that runs cattle.

Comment

I lease 8 acres in Hays county. Landowner gets the ag exemption. ( minimum is 5 acres and max is 20 acre for bees) Check with your county for requirements as they differ depending on location.

Comment

Not bees, but my 25 acres is leased for cattle for my ag exempt. I get a very nice tax break (whopping $27 last year) and he get a place to herd his cattle.

Comment

I run sheep on places like this. I get the grazing they get the ag exemption and lease money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had 150 acres, under a Wild Life exemption.....
            Ya might, look into that ……………………………….

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
              I had 150 acres, under a Wild Life exemption.....
              Ya might, look into that ……………………………….
              What sailer said, if you don't want to mess with anyone else out there, its very easy to do, I did it for 7 years. Give your local wild life biologist a call and they can help you with it all

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ag/timber most hassle free exemption there is. Don’t have to hassle with leasing or cows.

Comment

Once a property is in ag (you have to have ag first), the wildlife tax valuation is the way to go. Very easy and minimal requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
                    Once a property is in ag (you have to have ag first), the wildlife tax valuation is the way to go. Very easy and minimal requirements.
                    Amen! hell with cows

Comment

Timber and Cattle Lease. Convert to wildlife when you can.

Comment

You might want to check with your local beekeeping association or anyone on the south side of Houston. Do you have agriculture around you, by chance?

Comment

I currently have a wildlife exemption, however, it’s a pain to have to reapply each year. I considered rolling it back to ag because it was easier on me time wise.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                            I currently have a wildlife exemption, however, it’s a pain to have to reapply each year. I considered rolling it back to ag because it was easier on me time wise.
                            Reapply each year?

Comment

What is the average savings for an ag exemption. We are looking at it in a few years? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X