Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lone Star Chevrolet - Jersey Village (Houston) - SUCKS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mistakes made on both sides it sounds like. Did he ask for a deposit?

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
      Well if dealership make you made don’t deal with ford of boerne
      I tried buying a truck from them and they did the same deal to me , should’ve, done this or that , but we happened to have a same every thing, except it’s a different color and package @ $15000 more then your purchase order bait and switch after I drove in from Laredo with a cashier check on the vin and PO usaa had filled out under their buying service
      Then called me 3-4 times a day asking how they could earn my business back
      When was this?

Comment

From your info, I can’t fault the dealership or salesman on this. He communicated as requested and was honest when he texted that he had another guy interested as you had requested. That guy got there first and got what he wanted. What if you were that guy, and you have cash ready to buy, but the salesman says, wait I have a guy coming that may buy it. Good luck with finding a Tundra.....I love my 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
          The salesman I had been dealing with was the one that sold it to someone else.

Why put a deposit on a truck I've never seen? If it wasn't what I wanted then they can say "non-refundable" or "you'll get your $5K back in 2 to 4 weeks".Nope, ain't happenin'.

You just highlighted the reason things went down like they did. It wasn't a for sure deal you were going to buy the truck. They get dozens of "hold that truck i'm on my way! Oh wait, now that I see it I don't want it" every day.

It sounds like the other guy beat you to the punch. It sucks, but they have to go with the sure thing.

However, I bet you are right that they suck like most dealerships.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            When was this?
            Late 2018 or early 2019
            Finance manager fouled up
            FOB seems to have a very complicated process
            Salesman and appraiser , sales manager, then finance manager Then GM
            All business being done behind a one way mirrored room

Comment

What if this was a TBH classified transaction for an item?

Comment

Originally posted by Longhorn95 View Post
                What if this was a TBH classified transaction for an item?
                I see where you’re going with this and that how I treat every deal. Others here clearly don’t agree with having integrity when it comes to dealing with people.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                  All business being done behind a one way mirrored room
                  That just puts off a shady vibe!

Comment

I only read 3/4 of the posts because I couldn't believe what I was hearing from GS. 95% of you always spouting off about "stand up", integrity, etc. then jump on a man that expects that. I believe it was a tough lesson, and such but 100% of the fault lies with the salesman. That guy is a slimeball, that's it. I've had dozens of transactions online. Any situation like this I tell them I wont hold it or I will hold it until a certain time. Salesman knew he was on his way. Guy even showed up 30 minutes before the deal was done. I normally stay out of the GS debates, but this is disappointing. If a man doesn't have his word what does he have? OP sorry about the lesson and the reaction. Don't be jaded. Dad used to say don't get in the ditch with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                      You got to put a deposit down....hard lesson.
                      Yep.

Comment

Id have confirmed the truck was available the evening before and been at the dealership before they opened if i didnt want to put a deposit. Im sure these salesmen here im on my way 10 times a day and buyer never shows.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                          They all do that. They just want you on the lot and then they’ll try to talk you into something else.
                          If I got the time and they did that to me, I'd drive about 3 or 4 different vehicles and haggle with em about 4 hours and then laugh on the way out the door.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                            If I got the time and they did that to me, I'd drive about 3 or 4 different vehicles and haggle with em about 4 hours and then laugh on the way out the door.
                            . At the end say you really like this truck. Hold it for me while I go home and ask my wife.

Comment

Yeah I have a hard time siding with the sales guy. If you read the OPs response with more detail the truck was not actually sold prior to his arrival. He texted the OP that someone else was interested & then he sold it after his arrival. Stalling a few minutes to the other guy is less disrespectful than selling it to the other guy while the OP sits there on the lot after driving the distance he did.

Comment

I rarely buy, but when I do I 1) decide what I want by looking and blow off the salesman because they waste your time. Not being rude just factual. They don't want to help in most (not all) experiences. 2) get on the phone and find a deal. This may take a while. Tell them No if its not good a good deal. 3) provide phone number and wait, ask em to call if the deal gets better 4) keep looking and waiting - eventually one will call you back when the incentives change or they have to move something for who knows what reason, or you find something reasonable.
                                What I never do is visit a dealership with a checkbook.

Comment

Working...
                                X