X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[emoji3516]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

give management a chance to fix it, you don't want a bunch of auditors/inspectors all up in your business

Comment

No. My boss was usually threatening to whip me for things I did. If I got hurt he had to pick up my slack.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
          Well then, in the case I'm being told about, I'd rather have stiches than being DEAD!!!

Sounds like this may already be beyond talking to management. Good luck.

Comment

I have not and most likely wouldn’t jump straight to OSHA depending on the complaint to be filed. Any way we could get some details?

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
              Snitches get stiches.

But what if the snitch has a LTC? Is old? And not very capable of handling any type of physical alteration? And fears for his life? Asking for a friend.

I'd like to add, I have lung damage from a former employer. And I was not informed or provided any kind of safety equipment before hand, for the task. I found out on my own afterwards. And no way to prove it now. Just one word "Borium". If everybody would just do the right thing, most every thing would be good. That same employer never offered any of the painters they hired any type of respirator till one of the former painters got some lung damage from 2 part chromium paints. Then OHSA stepped in. And they fell into compliance real quick. But did not mandate the compliance the rest of the time I was there.

I'm not a painter. But welded right next to the paint room where the dust and vapors would frequent my area. I'd sweep a pile of the dust up every day, at the end of the day. It landed on everything. The painter at that point never used the paint booth in the paint room. I'm sure that also didn't help me a bit.
              Last edited by Texas Grown; 06-26-2020, 06:06 PM.

Comment

We did at work. It was months of negotiation with management before coming to that.

Now it’s in the hands of the government... the last place you want to air your dirty laundry.

Our issue involved Permit Entry Confined Spaces.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                  Can’t stand osha...
                  Yep.

Comment

Most are looking at how they can fine you.
                    That's the government way. We are doing what's best for you by fining you.

Comment

If its something they need to be called for, call them. If it is something that can be handled by telling the right person, tell that person. If you are mad and trying to get back at them, then its a weak move. Its hard to give advise without knowing the issues. I personally would be ****** if somebody that worked for me called and turned me in for something I didn't know about, and shame on me if I knew about something and did not do anything. If it comes down to a company not doing something right because it will cost them money, in that case they should not be in business anyway. Good Luck with your decision.

Comment

OSHA is a joke.. Don't waste your time.. Saw this first hand 12 years ago.... Numerous violations with big repercussions in the works AND then the money swapped hands and radio silence.. Back to business as usual.. All government entities can be bought for the right money in the right hand.... Any and All....

Comment

Most are looking at how they can fine you.
                          Or get PAID!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bpa556 View Post
                            Why not go to management before bringing the feds into it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Maybe management already knows. Maybe a crew said no, ain’t gonna do it. Maybe management pushed off on the next crew.

Comment

Do you not have a safety manager you can reach out to or like others have said someone in management that could help you address your concerns?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you feel something is unsafe and not being addressed consult with OSHA. You may not only keep yourself from being injured or killed. But, also your coworkers.

Comment

Working...
                                X