2018 Pushmataha County Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSE-Madman View Post
    my place is in-between one creek and rattan road. rattan actually cuts our place in half.
    Originally posted by mww982 View Post
    We’re about 7 miles north of hwy 3 off of Rattan trail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m 10 miles north of cloudy.

I feel as if I pass right by you guys on the way to my property. Don’t have any buck pictures yet, but have only had cameras and bait out a couple months with bear, hog and cows/mustangs tearing it up. A couple doe which is promising. Looking forward to seeing what shows up assuming my cameras are still there...

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
      Agree. Needs to be deflated.

[emoji1]

deflation is the plan! Hope our schedules will connect! Has anyone hunted this colder nasty weather the past two days? I know most ppl believe the deer just bed down in the rain, which i agree with to a degree. My experience is that during a cold rain like this they will get up and move around. Ive had a lot of good luck hunting cold rains as well as just before and after as it clears . Curious what others experiences have been with this hunting in push co?

Comment

Originally posted by caseys95m3 View Post
        I’m 10 miles north of cloudy.

I feel as if I pass right by you guys on the way to my property. Don’t have any buck pictures yet, but have only had cameras and bait out a couple months with bear, hog and cows/mustangs tearing it up. A couple doe which is promising. Looking forward to seeing what shows up assuming my cameras are still there...
        If you turn on Rattan Trail off of 3, you most likely do. If you see a white Tundra, Red Tundra, Black F-150, or Blue F-150 with TX Plates. Say hi.

Comment

I'm off highway 2 between moyers and clayton. It's been tough for us the past 2 years. They've been cutting timber in our area the past 2 years and seems the deer don't care for it. Acorns were everywhere opening week so the deer sightings were few and far between. Had some decent bucks on camera a few weeks before the season opened but it always changes once the acorns start hitting the ground.

Comment

I'm up near cloudy. Had a few bucks make their bachelor appearance the second week of September only to vanish once October rolled around.........hoping one of them slips up during the rut.

If your losing cameras, call PAWN shops in Antlers and Hugo and see if any local meth heads dropped them off.

Comment

Originally posted by mww982 View Post
              If you turn on Rattan Trail off of 3, you most likely do. If you see a white Tundra, Red Tundra, Black F-150, or Blue F-150 with TX Plates. Say hi.
              Most definitely will!

Originally posted by kva393 View Post
              I'm up near cloudy. Had a few bucks make their bachelor appearance the second week of September only to vanish once October rolled around.........hoping one of them slips up during the rut.

If your losing cameras, call PAWN shops in Antlers and Hugo and see if any local meth heads dropped them off.
              That’s a smart idea. I’ll be sure to keep it in mind.

Comment

that is a good idea on the pawn shops.

Comment

Anyone ever use those lock boxes for their cameras?

Comment

Originally posted by chocolatelabs View Post
                    Anyone ever use those lock boxes for their cameras?

Not the lock boxes but most of ours have the tabs to run a python lock through. It has helped deter theft thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

heck they will probably just cut the tree down.. its outlaw country. I met a guy at the screaming eagle (I can't call it the freedom tavern) who runs beagles after deer. says its all his land. big jacked up white dodge 3/4 ton with a light bar. A pretty bad dude you wouldn't want to tumble with.

We will have 3-4 in camp this weekend. No one has hunted our place yet and Im excited to pull cards. we have half a dozen cameras or so running. Looking forward to the cooler weather, no snakes in my camper, and hopefully some deer to look at. last year was absolutely terrible for me. Muzzle loader and rifle season were a complete bust since it was in the upper 80's both weeks I was up there. no luck in archery either so things have to change.. something has to give. Honestly Ive been looking at the forecast daily for muzzle loader week and it looks great with temps in the low 60's during the day. We will have a full camp that week and some lead should be flying.

Comment

You guys see mountain lions in eastern Oklahoma? My buddy hunts in DeQueen Ar and has 2 pics of a lion at his stand, I didn't know how rare that was...

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                          You guys see mountain lions in eastern Oklahoma? My buddy hunts in DeQueen Ar and has 2 pics of a lion at his stand, I didn't know how rare that was...
                          They have lot's of them in the southeast & we have a few in the north east. We have had one on our place near Vinita the last few years. Finally saw it one evening last deer season. Pretty cool!

Comment

Originally posted by darralld View Post
                            They have lot's of them in the southeast & we have a few in the north east. We have had one on our place near Vinita the last few years. Finally saw it one evening last deer season. Pretty cool!
                            Thanks man, he said this was the first year they had ever seen them

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                              None on camera in the past 4 years we have hunted there. Have a lot of good size bob cats though.

Comment

Anyone see any bucks moving this weekend? They aren't moving much in day at our place.

Comment

Working...
                                X