Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a Shoulder…

Hey TBH family,

I’m looking to find someone I can talk to. I’m dealing with a son (now 22 yo) with OCD issues. We’ve been dealing with this for about 8-9 years now and I’m at my end.

I’m of no help being that I have no experience but you are in my prayers sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
      I’m of no help being that I have no experience but you are in my prayers sir.
      Thanks, I’ll take all I can get. Yea I’m trying to find someone that is going through or has been through a similar situation.

Comment

Prayin for ya.

Comment

Praying for you. Hope things get better for you

Comment

I'm sorry you are going through this. Have you considered talking with a professional? Maybe an organization that has meetings? Regardless, you and your son will be in my prayers.

Comment

My advice would be to seek out a professional. There is medication out there to help these kinds of situations.

Comment

You might consider describing the behaviors you're struggling with. Is the OCD an official diagnosis? I'm no professional but I do know that sometimes people can be misdiagnosed, especially by armchair psychologists.

Also, I understand why you're reaching out for people with similar experiences. These days some professionals go straight to medication and won't consider anything else.

Comment

He will need the help of a psychiatrist and maybe a therapist. Drug therapy and talk therapy. I'm not a doctor but he will need professional help. PM me if I can help I will.
                  I know some good professionals in SA.

Comment

The Peace of Mind Foundation is proud to announce that the International OCD Foundation has acquired the foundation. Throughout the years, Peace of Mind Foundation (POM) has been involved in providing educational resources and access to self-help tools, offering scholarship opportunities, supporti

Last edited by Greenheadless; 06-29-2022, 06:20 PM.

Comment

My son tried a therapist initially for about a year, was prescribed meds, but then stopped due to not making any impact. Since then he refuses to see anyone and momma is momma and won’t do anything to create friction. I’m at my Witt’s end, tired of him not trying to find a solution, if tried to give him leads but there is only so much i can do. When he has a bad episode he wants to punch the walls and gets frustrated, and i don’t know how to handle it.

Comment

Mattress Mack (local personality and HUGE philanthropist) here in Houston has a daughter that struggled for many years. She now talks about her fight and evangelizes her healing. I posted links to her sites above.

I am sure there are YouTube videos of her speeches as well. Inspiring stuff if you get a chance to find and watch them.

Comment

Does he have a job being 22 years old? Did momma baby him growing up. My kids would be scared to death to punch holes in walls in my household. Not trying to be a jackazz

Serious questions

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                            Does he have a job being 22 years old? Did momma baby him growing up. My kids would be scared to death to punch holes in walls in my household. Not trying to be a jackazz

Serious questions
                            Not if they had mental instability that they couldn’t help ! Happy you never had to deal with that!

Comment

I'm very OCD but few would ever notice.
                              I learned to control it at early age, partly because getting mad got me beat, partly because mom helped me realize it would get better.
                              There was always calm and a lot of prayer when mom would talk to me, that helped too.
                              Used to break my toys, destroy stuff, etc..
                              I don't have the "touch the door knob 3 times tick" or "wash my hands over and over", mine is extreme frustration when everything doesn't line up just perfect, your brain goes white hot in an instant.
                              Ever seen the movie the "accountant", the part where he puts the puzzle together, there's 1 piece missing and his mind explodes, that was me as a kid to a T.
                              It's still there, never goes away, but I can keep it switched off 99% of the time.
                              I've realized over time, that the more I plan or expect something, I'm setting myself up.
                              In a way I've simply learned to do the best I can, and understand it's not always gonna be perfect.
                              Not that any of that relates to your situation, but I do know the frustration.

Comment

Working...
                              X