Haas' Weight Loss Accountability Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haas' Weight Loss Accountability Thread

I am starting this thread with the hopes that it will keep me accountable on my weight loss journey. I am 40 years and 78 days old and not getting any younger. I am starting this weight loss venture at a bulk of 338#'s @ 6'2". I will get chest/arm/waist measurements later this evening. My plan is to check in everyday and make a promise to God/my family/the TBH brother hood/ and anyone else who cares or doesn't, that I will make the right food choices, that I will do something active, that I will keep on keeping on.

I used this same method back in 2013 when I decided to quit dipping. I joined a forum called "KillTheCan.com" where a bunch of "quitters" banded together and promised to support each other through the suck of quitting smokeless tobacco and I am here today to tell all of yall, it worked! I haven't touched a pinch of snuff in over 9 years.

The main difference this go around is I am doing this solo. I don't have a support group that's going through what I am going through. I don't have fellow members sharing in the "suck" of it but that is ok. I have a strong mental fortitude and willingness to not be the "fat" dad anymore. I want to ride the rollercoasters with my kids and not feel like I shouldn't. I want to hang a tree stand and not look at the weight limit. I want to buy a safety harness and not worry if will support my bulk. I want to be there for my grandbabbies in the WAAAYYYY distant future, lol!! So, if you have read this far, I hope that you will support me and help hold me accountable and hold my feet to the fire by blowing me up if I don't post by 1000 hrs every morning. I will hand out my personal cell to anyone supporters!!!! TBH is truly a special place and I hope to be in a much better place by the end of the year.

I sent ya a pm.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Get it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You may want to look into this program - https://www.fitfatherproject.com/

One of the things I've been most impressed with is the Facebook group I got invited to join after I got my membership. I've gotten the type of support you mentioned with the group that helped you kick the dip habbit.

I joined it in 2020 just before the dang flatten the curve happened. I did not have the wearwithall to go buy weights and my gym shut down like every other gym.

Looks like the price has gone up from when I joined, but they do offer or at least did offer a money back garuntee.

Get Your FREE Meal Plan & Workout and Join 22,072 Guys 40+ in 98 Countries that are Getting Results with the Fit Father Project.

I've just started back up and went from 315 to 300. I'm pushing hard this month to drop another 15 to 20 pounds.

My biggest challenge is dinner. Wife continues to cook with pasta and rice, which I do eat. I just take the smallest portion I can get away with and enjoy the meail. Breakfast and lunch totally in my control and doing great.

In fact, just got my protein powder dlivered this morning, so that shake will be lunch.

Comment

If you go the route of counting macros, you can download myfitnesspal. for free or pay for the updated version. That is what I use to keep track of my daily macros and it stores them also. There are others that was mentioned that are just as good or better. Find the one that works best for you. You can do it, just takes time. You and I were about the same in height and weight. I went from 357 lbs. down to 252 lbs. Then decided to put some muscle on over the winter, so I am just now cutting again. If you need anything just reach out.

Comment

Don't forget to frown in the "before" picture. Good luck on your journey!

Comment

I lost 40 pounds last year when I turned 40. I realized that I wasn’t going to be able to lose the weight through diet alone without exercise and on the flip side I couldn’t exercise my way through a bad diet.

For me all the programs and apps and that stuff is not sustainable. I just cut out processed foods. Simple and easy. I exercise every day. I feel 1000x better at 41 than I did at 30.

Comment

Just remember... You did not gain it in a day and you will not lose it in a day. Stay strong!

Comment

Good luck to you sir.

Comment

Good luck sir. I need to do the same . Ill be following along

Comment

Props to you for deciding to make a lifestyle change. I’ll be 39 in July so we aren’t far off on age. I lost 60lbs 2 years ago and am in as good of shape as I was in high school. I’ve got 3 kids 7 and under and want to be in the best shape possible for them and grand babies down the road. My pops almost kicked the bucket at 40 due to a massive heat attack. Thankfully he’s still here, but his ability at 67 years old is not what I want mine to be.

Like was said earlier, you can’t outwork a bad diet, but diets are temporary. You’ve got to make lifestyle changes that stick. You need to get in the gym and workout regularly. Weigh yourself once a week or over other week. Don’t be concerned with the numbers, be concerned with how you feel and how your clothes fit. Weight plateaus are normal in a weight loss journey. If you feel stagnant at any point, re-evaluate your food intake or your workout regimen and make a change. Once you’ve dropped the weight, sell/donate/trash all the “fat” clothes and buy new stuff that fits properly. It’ll keep you from having those comfort clothes to grow back into.

Kick some azz and be the man in the mirror you want to be. You’re going to kill it!

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                        I lost 40 pounds last year when I turned 40. I realized that I wasn’t going to be able to lose the weight through diet alone without exercise and on the flip side I couldn’t exercise my way through a bad diet.

For me all the programs and apps and that stuff is not sustainable. I just cut out processed foods. Simple and easy. I exercise every day. I feel 1000x better at 41 than I did at 30.
                        Yessir.....you nailed it sir!!!!! Listen to something that fires u up. Music, book, motivational speaker, etc. I do alot of classic rock and David Goggins...........25 pounds down and maintaining.

Comment

Good luck Haas I am cheering you on buddy. You can do it.

75 Hard - is another option when you get going. Look it up. It is hard.

Comment

I am on the same journey. I will be 40 in 5 months and set a goal to drop 40lbs before my 40th birthday. It has been a struggle to say the least. I can no longer lose weight by diet alone and finding time for exercise has proven to be difficult. We have 9 kiddos and both of us work full time. I look forward to following along on this journey. Good luck man!

Comment

Good job Haas on taking a stand, you can do it brother.

Comment

Working...
                              X