Help with The-timer control unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with The-timer control unit

One of my feeders just won’t hold time. I’ve replaced the AA battery and still after about a week it loses time and and the feed settings. Now I should say, it’s getting pretty old (probably close to 15 years). So I certainly got my monies worth.

Just thought I’d ask if there could be something else before I replace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Replace it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I I figured that would be the solution

Comment

I had one last year do the same thing probably the same age as well I replaced it.

Comment

A year or two ago they had problems in manufacturing. I bought 8 new ones and had to return half of them. One wouldn’t feed. It would only feed on test. The other three would either loose or add a minute a day. In a month the time would be off by 30 minutes or more. No issues returning them.

Comment

Doesn’t matter now, but here’s some info- the timer doesn’t need the aa’s. West tx feed told me to take em out and chunk em. Your 12 volt battery keeps it up as needed.

Comment

^^^ what Lynn said. The AA’s take over when there isn’t enough juice in the main battery, is what I heard.

Comment

I’d at least call West Texas Feed and ask what it could be. Lifetime warranty? Etc…

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                  I’d at least call West Texas Feed and ask what it could be. Lifetime warranty? Etc…

TheTimer has a 5yr warranty.

Bisch

Comment

How to fix. Through in trash and buy an all seasons timer. I can’t stand “The Timer” I’d rather have a wild game innovations timer!

Comment

15yrs is a heck of a run! Buy a new one would be my suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                      X