Calling/ Luring Axis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling/ Luring Axis

Does anyone have any tips or tricks for coaxing axis other than alfalfa?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I have personally rattled in 3 different axis bucks when rattling for WT on the Kerr WMA during a 1st week of December WT hunt. I finally killed one after I came to my senses after I had let 2 walk away. I have also heard that and elk cow call will work. I would think rattling during the prime rut time from around Fathers Day on into summer would work well.

Comment

I'm by no means a expert but as said above, you can rattle them in and even braking branches works. I was making a quick natural ground blind on trail to hunt Axis and while I was braking off branches a big Axis came charging in.

Comment

That's a start, thanks

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't know if anyone has seen this yet as all his videos were just posted in the last week.

Comment

I listened to some of the videos. Sounds pretty good.

Comment

Ordered one of the calls. Sounds good . Would probably work best in the summer. I will give it a shot then.

Comment

Following..........I have set 6 times trying to catch HARTFORD (my wifes name for him) slipping up. Zero luck!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
                  Ordered one of the calls. Sounds good . Would probably work best in the summer. I will give it a shot then.
                  I guess I will get one also............I have bought worse things!

Comment

I blew it a few times this weekend. I got a few roars back. The Ranch I was on has a large population of axis though. I also got some answers to my hoochie Momma too.

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
                      I blew it a few times this weekend. I got a few roars back. The Ranch I was on has a large population of axis though. I also got some answers to my hoochie Momma too.
                      Good to know, I have a hoochie momma also.

Comment

I bought one of those calls the other day too. It came in after I got home from my latest hunt, so I haven't had a chance to use it at the lease yet. But after a little practice, I can get some pretty realistic sounds out of it. It'll be fun to see if axis will come to the call or not. I'm sure the best time will be the summer rut, but some of them are rutting all year here and there. We'll see....

Comment

Shane, How long did it take to get to you after ordering it?

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                            Shane, How long did it take to get to you after ordering it?
                            Not long. Just a couple days. Might even be quicker for you, as you're closer to the guy than I am.

Comment

He's in Boerne. Maybe you could swing by and pick one up in person?

Comment

Working...
                              X