• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blasphemy, I'm a lure maker. LOL

Comment

Then design a "Croaker" lure!

Comment

Like this? It's not working for me either right now lol. I'm in a slump.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
          I feel your pain F4F, so much so I'm going to find some new water. No problem finding fish, I just think I'm finding blind fish. I'm glad somebody's catching em.

Everywhere we waded in east and west Matty, was full of little tiny baitfish and little tiny shrimp everywhere. I figure those fish are just keyed in on little baits. We fished a tournament the other day and caught hell trying to catch a redfish.

Comment

Same thing where I usually go. It looked like I was floating in a live well at the bait shop. It'll get better.

Comment

Guys I’ve been in a slump and just recently switched gears. I started fishing early - 4am early. Usually done by 730 and back at house for breakfast. I’ve done this for the last week and I’ve hammered the trout

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                Guys I’ve been in a slump and just recently switched gears. I started fishing early - 4am early. Usually done by 730 and back at house for breakfast. I’ve done this for the last week and I’ve hammered the trout

That’s hard to do when you stay up drinking till midnight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  It is a great summer pattern on the flats where the water gets a little warm for trout.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post

You have to just stay up till 4

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post
                      Question about blue crabs in the bays:

The past 3 weekends I’ve soaked 6 crap traps for 48hrs each time. Last summer, I’d have anywhere from 8-10+crabs per trap, this summer has yielded 1 or less crab per trap.

Traps have been baited the same and placed in the same areas.

I don’t know what the deal is. Thinking it may be salinity levels.

Anyone have any explanation or thoughts?

What Bay system??

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                        Best cure for that is to just start again at 4am

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                          What Bay system??

West Matty. Front bays out of POC. Typically, I’m always able to pick my traps full of blue crabs. It’s been a bummer this summer. My father thinks high salinity due to lack of rain. Said some guys claimed the creeks/rivers were full of blue crabs

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                            Like this? It's not working for me either right now lol. I'm in a slump.
                            Looks fantastic. Any of these for sale? Or just for your own use?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post
                              West Matty. Front bays out of POC. Typically, I’m always able to pick my traps full of blue crabs. It’s been a bummer this summer. My father thinks high salinity due to lack of rain. Said some guys claimed the creeks/rivers were full of blue crabs

It’s tough right now, only a few areas are holding crab, I’m a commercial crabber out of Matagorda and our production is off about 30%, salinity levels over here are dangerously high, most of the crab right now are about in 3ft of water, with the exception of the creeks and rivers

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                                Looks fantastic. Any of these for sale? Or just for your own use?
                                Thanks but I don't sell lures, I make em for myself. I have a thread in the DIY forum. Besides those croaker paddle tails are very time consuming. I paint them on the inside with an airbrush. The fish don't care how pretty they are apparently. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X