Using an Air Scrubber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using an Air Scrubber

We have a Blue Dri Air Shield 550 air scrubber and are having work done on our house while we continue to live in it. Any who have experience using these air scrubbers, should we open a window and vent the exiting air from the air scrubber outside or keep the windows in our house closed, but continuously run the air scrubber, venting the filtered air back into the house?

I cannot seem to find the answer to this anywhere online. I can only find info on a negative air setup, but that's not us.

How hot do you want your house to be?

Comment

You want it venting back inside, you are trying to purify the local air.
      Venting it outside creates a draw, constantly pulling fresh air in.
      Fresh air is potentially full of all the things you're trying to get rid of, ie..pollen, dust, etc..,constantly pulling new air in is bad.
      Ideally you would want a filter like this on the outside, pushing clean air in creating a negative pressure on the space.
      This machine is a compromise of that, that does not require additional climate control(variables).
      Good for putting in a sealed up room while you work.
      Last edited by MadHatter; 06-21-2022, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Thank you Mad Hatter

Comment

3 hour flight Sunday.
          Supposed to be super filtered air.

Nose ran like it always runs...

Comment

Originally posted by McPatrickClan View Post
            We have a Blue Dri Air Shield 550 air scrubber and are having work done on our house while we continue to live in it. Any who have experience using these air scrubbers, should we open a window and vent the exiting air from the air scrubber outside or keep the windows in our house closed, but continuously run the air scrubber, venting the filtered air back into the house?

I cannot seem to find the answer to this anywhere online. I can only find info on a negative air setup, but that's not us.
            have it sucking air from inside, ducted to outside.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Working...
              X