Mattress in a Box Question for the GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mattress in a Box Question for the GS

So, looking at a new King mattress for a weekend house. Don't want to spend like we did for the home mattress but want a decent mattress. These Mattresses in a box are way cheaper than mattresses out of a retail location and I know they are memory foam. Does anyone on the GS have any experience with these? Not sure if saving the $ is worth it or not..... TIA

I have had the Costco one for 9 years. Zero issuss

Comment

We had one in our guest room for awhile. I dont remember the brand but my wife ordered it off walmart.com. I never slept on but I did lay on it to try it out and I really liked it. My mom slept on it several times when she stayed with us and she enjoyed it so much we gave it to her and she sleeps on it at her house now.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have one from Mattress Firm. Three years old now and I’ve like it from the start. I’ll buy another.

Comment

Not sure if Ikea is an option but we love ours and very affordable.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife and I have different preferences for a mattress. So instead of buying a king, we bought two different twin XL mattresses. Put them together, and it's a king. We tried 3 or 4 different mattresses in a box, and we each kept the ones we liked. Mine is a Purple. I think hers is a Casper, but I can't remember for sure.

Comment

I got an amazon one for like $500 or $600 bucks and it has been awesome! no issues and good quality. Sleep awesome in it

Comment

Too subjective

Comment

Tried it, can't do it. Too dang hot. And the one I bought was supposed to be one with "cooling" properties.

Comment

We've been through Purple, Oak & Leaf, and now Nector.
                    Purple went back, O&A to some friends, and this Nectar is fixing to be on the burn pile.
                    I'll never try another one.
                    If you need something firm, it ain't coming rolled up in a box.

Comment

Just reading about these. How are they delivered? You say in a box. How big of a box? UPS or Fed Ex deliver? Thinking about one for a camp house. Any info appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                        Just reading about these. How are they delivered? You say in a box. How big of a box? UPS or Fed Ex deliver? Thinking about one for a camp house. Any info appreciated.
                        [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FGp2vVdOjU"]Unboxing the Purple Mattress - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

We bought Serta king size mattress in a box from Sam’s about 7 years ago. It was about 1/5 the cost ($600.00) of the inexpensive entry high end mattresses we’d previously had (that did not last). We like it. Starting to get a hump now but it’s supposed to have 20 year warranty. I’ll probably just toss it and buy another if I can figure out how to get it out of my bedroom. They are much bulkier and heavier than regular mattresses

Comment

Got several at deer camp. Mucho Bueno!

Comment

Yep, just trying to stay between $600 and $1000, but concerned that if we get one and it sucks we are stuck with it. I can sleep on anything, but my wife is more particular! I did not realize how many options there are out there and the manufacturers of all mattresses in stores make different "models" for each chain, so hard to shop and compare.......

Comment

Working...
                              X