Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Gas Prices Affect Your 22/23 Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most years it wouldn’t bother me. My lease is just 30 min up the road. Corn will be a bigger factor than fuel for me.

But this year, my brother and I are booked to go to 7J again in Wyoming Sept 7-12. Took me two years to save for everything. Its going to cost us several hundred more dollars each in fuel to get there and back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes it will. I hunt public land only, and am very aggressive moving between properties all over southern Oklahoma and north Texas based on wind conditions and spots I think may be best for them.
      With prices like they are, I will probably not be bouncing around from property to property this year. I will instead pick the property I feel has the best wind directions at the beginning of the week and stay with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

$260 in diesel to run down and back to fill protein feeders on Saturday. 625 miles round trip with running around the ranch included, paid $5.39/gallon on the way out. It stings and it’s gonna get worse fellas. FJB

Comment

Not really, since I hunt 25 minutes away or out my back door. The floods in Yellowstone saved us from canceling that trip because of gas prices though.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            Corn is gonna get scarce. Fuel prices effect everything. I expect lease prices to drop next year for the first time . I'm afraid things are about to get serious.
            I've been looking for a decent deer lease for 2 years. There just aren't many out there, and the ones that are out there get scooped up very quickly. I don't see prices going down at all. I keep having the attitude that with gas prices and all that being so crazy that there would be leases coming available left and right. It has not been the case at all.

On a side note, there is no question that it has impacted the boat traffic at all my local boat ramps. Going to Sabine pass this time of year usually will have 20+ trucks in the parking lot. The most I've seen this year at one time was yesterday, and it was only like 8 trucks.
            Last edited by breederbuck33; 06-20-2022, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
              What is regular unleaded going for in your neck of the woods?
              $4.79 here in Iowa.

We live 4 miles north of Iowa/Missouri state line. The Conoco right on the Missouri side was $4.59 last week. I think their gas tax is less than Iowa's.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

yep, have been a struggle gettting to the lease for protein load out.. oh FJB!

Comment

No

Comment

Still going to hunt the same number of days but maybe fewer trips with longer stays.

Comment

Already has. Have 3 feeders to fill and haven't done that since last Nov. Probably won't fill but one this season and go maybe twice this year. Goin 4th of July weekend to do some work that was supposed to b done memorial day weekend but couldn't go then. FJB and anybody that's related or associated with that ignorant Dumbass

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                        How many trips up there are you making? $3,000 divided by $5/gallon is 600 gallons. At 15 mpg that is 9,000 miles.

I just drove from Fort Worth to Chattanooga then Nashville and back and I was in it for $450
                        I average around 8-9 mpg in my tundra pulling the trailer, average about 2600 miles round trip, 2 trips archery and 2nd rifle.
                        Actually by the time we get to the fall, I'll be around 4k unless prices start falling

Comment

Will drink cheaper bourbon at the lease to offset the price of gas. Ezra Brooks instead of Jack Daniels

Comment

It will for sure affect mine

Comment

It is sad what has happened to family budgets over the last year. What ****** me off is people that say it has no effect on them. I’m talking business owners that just roll cost over etc. I understand but to not have friends and family in your thoughts is disgusting. I’m fortunate. Don’t drive much. Fuel for boat is about 15-20 gallons a week. But my kids and friends are getting throat punched

Comment

Won’t effect me since we spend 95% of our time at the ranch.

Comment

Working...
                                X