Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tattoos - what advice would you give a young person?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
      Tell them no. Unless they join the Army and graduate Jump School. Then they can get their jump wings tattooed on their arm. Or become a Pirate.
      As a "college" aged kid, the fastest way for me to get another tattoo would be for my parent's to tell me no Lol

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        First..... don't do it.

Second, remember that life changes but tats stay. Having SALLY on your butt won't go over well when Sally is gone.

No trashy tats period. If gonna do it regardless, it should have meaning.
        I agree

Comment

Lots of interesting "Advice" in here.

I have tattoos and like them.

I also agree that a bunch of neck and face tattoos before you are 25 years old working at McDs might be a bad life choice.

Comment

I just want "82nd Airborne Special Forces" across my back.

Comment

Tatoos are a poor investment...
              Adios,
              Gary

Comment

Originally posted by buckhunter1999 View Post
                As a "college" aged kid, the fastest way for me to get another tattoo would be for my parent's to tell me no Lol
                My parents told me no and I got two of em, lol.

Comment

I would agree that in general, tattoos have become a lot more socially acceptable.

With that said, if the young person in question has any plans on working in a professional type of environment in the future, I'd advise to only get ink that can be covered with typical cothing.

Face, neck, even lower arms, probably not a good idea. Upper arms, back, sholder, etc., not a big deal.

Comment

Take a trip to Walmart and look around at the folks with tattoos. Game changer.

Comment

I can't believe how many people hat tattoos that much.. lol just make sure she or he thinks it over and could see it on themselves for a while. I heard removal hurts a lot! I have my daughters first out of the womb heart beat and a couple others.

Comment

Ok today I became SOLD OUT on as many tats as you can put on the human body!

I was at the convenience store and a dude walked in wearing shorts, flip flops and a tank top. He was covered in red hair - arms, back, neck, legs - but his tattoos helped hide that -- uugguh - gross!

Comment

Just say -NO!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            That's basically what I have told my 30 yr old. He doesnt have one. In my day,(boomer) the rebels had the tats. I call him a rebel for not getting one.

My older son got one in college and he has regretted it for a long time now. It's just a phrase tatted on his upper back. If he is in a pool with kids he wears a shirt because he doesnt want them to see it. Not sure what it matters but that is his thoughts on his.
                            Is it “Death Before Dishonor”? I know a few 35-45 year olds with that or “Fortune Favors the Bold” (Fortuna audaces iuvat) on their upper back. I think both were in movies in the early 2000’s.

Comment

DONT! At age 66 it looks like ****! YeRs ago my sister in law had a dolphin tattooed on her buttocks. Today that s o b has turned into a whale!
                              Last edited by Hogmauler; 05-10-2022, 03:40 PM. Reason: Add content

Comment

Has a parent ever taken a baseball bat to the “artist”? I don’t like them on my kids.IMO They really hurt girls. I have no idea why I feel this way seriously

Comment

Working...
                                X