Harbor Freight generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harbor Freight generator

I’m needing a new generator for the RV. Does anyone have any experience with Harbor Freights Predator 6500 watt non inverter ? I would be buying their extended warranty.

I've had mine for about a year with zero problems, its at the ranch so we use it a couple of times a month. Starts right up. I change the oil frequently. Did not purchase the warranty.

Comment

I’ve read that they are pretty good, but the last time I was at Harbor Freight I saw that none of their generators have a 50 amp RV outlet. Even the big one only had a 30 amp outlet. Thought that was pretty weird.

Comment

One of the best if not the best generator for the money. We have had great luck with them.

Comment

I don't have experience with NON inverter - I have the 3500 inverter generator for my RV and I absolutely love it. Soooooo quiet.

Comment

I would go with a Champion generator, I’m sure the price will be a little more but worth it.

Comment

Riley's stepdad bought one 2 yrs ago and so far it has been great. Runs the big horse trailer

Comment

Hard to beat for the money. Everybody I know that has a Predator (including myself) is happy with them, whether it's a regular generator or inverter generator.

Comment

I can share my experience with them. I bought a 2000w predator and everything I saw online was it was comparable to the 2000w Honda and could like for like perform. Well it can’t. We had them side by side and the Honda would run the A/C on the RV and the PredAtor would not. I still have it but was slightly disappointed, I guess you get what you pay for. Most shops will not work on the predators so be sure you use ethanol free fuel and winterize properly.

Comment

the only experience I have with one is from the guy beside us in a BBQ cookoff several years ago. They had a new one to run their camper and cooker. He had a big pellet grill. It was a new generator he only used a few times. It quit running about halfway thru his cook. No idea why. It was quiet while it ran tho.

Comment

I’ve got 3 Predator inverter generators that are solid. I have been extremely happy with ‘em.
                      I don’t have the 6500 but have heard good things about them.
                      They are extremely loud though (probably won’t be camp friendly) and will go through some gas if using a lot.

The non CO secure ones are on sale right now for a dang good price.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by frios View Post
                        I don't have experience with NON inverter - I have the 3500 inverter generator for my RV and I absolutely love it. Soooooo quiet.
                        x2

Comment

Originally posted by STX_Shooter View Post
                          I would go with a Champion generator, I’m sure the price will be a little more but worth it.
                          pretty sure its the same generator with different color plastic

Comment

Been very please with my Predator 3000w inverter generator

Comment

I have that one. Ran it around the clock for days during the freeze. Worked very well. Has always started on the 1st pull.

Comment

Working...
                              X