6.5-284 load data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5-284 load data

My son in law purchased one and I'll be loading it for him. I'm not sure what bullet he wants to use yet, but I'm going to steer him toward the 140 Accubond. I load the 130 Accubond in my 65. PRC and my 6.5 Swede and it's been an outstanding bullet.

I'm not sure which powder to use and thought I would check here. I've checked Hodgdon, Nosler and Berger sites and am leaning toward either Hybrid 100V or H4831 sc. Neither of which I have on my bench. What's everyone else using?

Thanks

I use 4831SC with Berger 140 gr. There's more load data here. Search and it should come up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan C View Post
      I use 4831SC with Berger 140 gr. There's more load data here. Search and it should come up.
      I did a search and all I came up with was a thread from someone who was going to use factory ammo.

He may very well decide to use the 140 Berger instead of the Accubond.

Comment

I also use the 4831sc in both of mine too .

Comment

I’ve done extremely well with H1000 and Retumbo in my 6.5x284 shooting the Berger 140 VLDH. H4831 and H4350 have been the gold standards for a long time, but neither one gave me the velocity I was looking for in my rifle. Retumbo is my go to, and I’m getting right at 3000 fps in a 24” barrel. Consistent 1/2 MOA or better.

Comment

H4831sc is the bread and butter for the 6.5-284-- if you have it on hand or can find it.

I ran RL19 in mine behind a 140 Amax for 2950fps and great results.

Comment

Started with 4831SC. When I torched that barrel I swapped to retumbo. Gained a decent amount of speed. Shot nothing but 140 Berger HVLD. 3050 FPS was what I got with retumbo. 26” lilja 3 groove. 1/8

Comment

Originally posted by duckhunter175 View Post
                H4831sc is the bread and butter for the 6.5-284-- if you have it on hand or can find it.

I ran RL19 in mine behind a 140 Amax for 2950fps and great results.

Availability is gong to be the issue for sure. I have a little H4831 on hand, just not the short cut. I use RL19 in my Swede and he's not getting any of that!

Thanks for the information everyone. I'll send him on a component finding mission.

Comment

I use RL22 and 140 Berger VLDH.

3072fps from a Hart 26” barrel 1:8 twist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

55-56 gr of Retumbo over a magnum primer should get you going for 140 gr VLD's. Start low and work up.3 at a time to a sticky bolt and then back off 3 or 4 tenths. Retumbo is one of the best I have ever used in a .264 win mag. so it should also work good in the non belted case.

Comment

Retumbo and 140 VLD is ticket for me

Comment

140 burger vld with 58 grains of retumbo, 3025 fps.

Comment

I have new unfired brass I don’t need. If you need some shoot me a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                            I have new unfired brass I don’t need. If you need some shoot me a PM.
                            PM sent

Comment

Retumbo and 140 Berger for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X