Game Camera Recomendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for game camera recommendations with the cell option/data plan. Lot's of options and the prices are all over the map. Appreciate some first hand knowledge.

Thanks,

Although they are hard to find I really love Tactacams. But saying that I've never had one issue with my Spypoints either, although everyone else seems to have issues with them.

Comment

If you already have some cameras that work well, you might consider buying Spypoint Cell-Link units. We bought them to convert 4 regular cameras to cell cameras and they have worked well for us for the last year or so.

Comment

Thanks! You're not kidding that you can't find a Tactacam for sale anywhere. Only place that has them is ebay and they are more than twice as much as retail.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
          If you already have some cameras that work well, you might consider buying Spypoint Cell-Link units. We bought them to convert 4 regular cameras to cell cameras and they have worked well for us for the last year or so.
          Thanks. Don't have a single one yet. Just bought the property last week.

Comment

Originally posted by jrfredland View Post
            Thanks! You're not kidding that you can't find a Tactacam for sale anywhere. Only place that has them is ebay and they are more than twice as much as retail.

Were they discontinued?

Comment

Originally posted by crawfordgrigsby View Post
              Were they discontinued?
              Doesn’t look like it. Just out of stock everywhere.

Comment

I bought two of the stealth cams from sams club and have run them for two months. I really like them and the management app for them too. They seem to be very sensitive so the corn feeder produces a lot of bird amd squirrel photos.

Comment

My best cams are made by Browning - I have others but none seems to work as well and have the same quality of pics. Now is a great time to buy with all of the sales going on - good luck

Comment

I have spypoint and it was fine for a while then in last couple months nothing but issues. I think they’re pushing too many updates too often

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by crawfordgrigsby View Post
                      Were they discontinued?
                      Their 2020 models were discontinued. I’m hearing the won’t have their 2021’s until Spring. Also hearing the price is going to be $50-$100 higher so I would think they’ll add features along with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

New Tactacams should drop in April. Supposedly they are going to have at least one model that is still $100, but who knows. I have one, and outside of the fact that on wet mornings I get a lot of condensation on the lens, they are awesome.

Will be buying 3 more once I they come out!

Comment

Originally posted by txbowman12 View Post
                          New Tactacams should drop in April. Supposedly they are going to have at least one model that is still $100, but who knows. I have one, and outside of the fact that on wet mornings I get a lot of condensation on the lens, they are awesome.

Will be buying 3 more once I they come out!
                          You ever check what’s on the SD card vs what shows up on your app? Mine doesn’t send about 30% of the pictures it takes.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                            You ever check what’s on the SD card vs what shows up on your app? Mine doesn’t send about 30% of the pictures it takes.

I haven’t had that issue. Dumb question but by chance do you have the camera on multi-shot setting? It will only transmit the 2nd picture of a burst photo. If it’s not that only thing I can think of is bad reception, but mine has strong signal where my cellphone has barely any.

Comment

My browning cell cams have been great

Comment

Working...
                              X