East Texas Hunters: alternatives to hand thrown corn for mature bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
    Gravity, and the amount of corn they can eat is restricted to just the one small feeding port.
    Thumper , were you in the East Cleveland hunting club lease ? Are you still on there ? I am going on year 4 out there and I seem to remember seeing a post from you about it .

Comment

Originally posted by Black-N-Red View Post
      It maybe but it works for great me in Houston County. Here’s few bucks over the last few years. Also about 200yrds from where I hunt there’s a feeder with camera & never seen any of these deer at the feeder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I learned along time ago to leave out the county when posting pics lol. I have pics of a deer from 2017-2018 and 2019 that look very similar to a deer in you pics. I will look for them tomorrow at the office

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
        I learned along time ago to leave out the county when posting pics lol. I have pics of a deer from 2017-2018 and 2019 that look very similar to a deer in you pics. I will look for them tomorrow at the office

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Yep. Pretty sure its the same deer. As a matter of fact I think we have seen his running buddy too.

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
          How are the coons controlled? Trapping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Leg holds, .22lr to the head.

Originally posted by alec73065 View Post
          Thumper , were you in the East Cleveland hunting club lease ? Are you still on there ? I am going on year 4 out there and I seem to remember seeing a post from you about it .
          Yep, just hunted that one year due to health issues. Wasn't a bad lease, killed a lot of hogs. Tell everyone I said hello.

Comment

Johnny did you find solution to the long distance feeding?

Comment

I have had real good success hand corning roads that i can see from my blind. So I take a bag or two and walk down the road with a continuous stream of corn dropping. The bucks that don't like the feeder seem to like the corn on the road and it gives them ability to be spaced apart.

At another lease I was on I actually hunted a lease cross road and would corn both roads a couple of hundred yards. It wasn't uncommon to see 25 to 30 deer spread out eating the corn. And typically only the does would go into the feeder pen.

Comment

in

Comment

Good thread revival.

One thing I did in the past was, dig a hole with post hole digger, drop sweet feed in the hole and cover it up with dirt. Deer would come to that like no mans business. I wouldn't hunt it, but used it mostly to keep bucks in the area and a camera site.

Comment

I would NOT feed them corn year around...just during the hunting season. That will save you money right there.

You're welcome!

Comment

10-4

Comment

Working...
                      X