2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JES View Post
    Better have 4WD if you go to Matagorda, FYI.
    Especially right now. The beach at Matagorda is pretty soft right now.

Comment

Will be driving the beast.

But I'll also bring shovels and recovery equipment. I've heard about matagorda. Never been. Any tips as far as where to get on the beach etc?

Being able to bay fish as well sounds cool if wind doesn't cooperate on my trip. Never had any success walk in wading, but always worth a try.

I have the boat. I just hate the effort and $ it takes to do a solo trip hauling the boat.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I've had huge success walk in wading East. Just gotta know where to go. I went on about a 8 year stretch boatless one time, and beat up East pretty good. My biggest trout is from a little walk in spot just east of Hog Island.

Comment

Only one way in, at the end of the road. I've done well from 8-15 miles down the beach, it has a deep first gut along that stretch. Wade in at Hog Island or Cain Cove area.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
            Will be driving the beast.

But I'll also bring shovels and recovery equipment. I've heard about matagorda. Never been. Any tips as far as where to get on the beach etc?

Being able to bay fish as well sounds cool if wind doesn't cooperate on my trip. Never had any success walk in wading, but always worth a try.

I have the boat. I just hate the effort and $ it takes to do a solo trip hauling the boat.

Beast looks legit, can probably throw a sweet rooster tail on the beach if the need arises ?

Comment

I'm sure that south shoreline fishing will be on fire with that 20 mph north wind we are supposed to have this weekend. I bet the bay water will be real purty.

The good news is, that should lay the surf down and hopefully blow some of the soft sand off the beach. Driving on it wasn't much fun in my Jeep weekend before last.

As was said, only one way on and one way off the beach. It's easy to figure out. You have miles and miles of beach you can explore and many different places where you can pick your way back behind the dunes and get to the bay and marsh. Lots to explore. Be careful of the mudholes. Some are deceiving.

Comment

Last trip I made down there had a monster North wind and the surf was absurdly rough.
                Having said that, I'm trying to make this weekend work lol.

Comment

Won't be this weekend. My kids birthday, next weekend or may 7-8 is most likely as of now.

Comment

I could use some gin clear water. How bout y’all???

This is my last post for the week. Jet black it’s on your shoulder don’t screw it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Light tackle jetty catch over the weekend. Talk about a sweet surprise.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post

That’s awesome.

Comment

Nice, 88!

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                            Now that's bad arse!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome!!!

Comment

^^ That's awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X