Cost to de-thatch yard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost to de-thatch yard

Our lawn guy is a neighbor and super OCD and does a fantastic job, but never charges what he should. So how much do you pay to have a lawn de-thatched?

For reference it’s about 10,000 sq ft of celebration turf

Don't know what I would pay, but for reference...I have .6 acres, small front yard, house, larger backyard. I bought a small electric dethatcher. Mowed, bagged, dethatched, then mowed/bagged the thatch that was pulled up. Ended up with 24 large leaf bags of thatch, and I had 17 hours in it. That was for the backyard only!

Comment

Do a controlled burn

Comment

From chainsaws to yard work you are evidently a **** office boy or novice.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
          Well I’m not entirely sure what you are referring to. What I am certain of is that I’m not an a s s hole. If you don’t have relevant info, you can move on.

And yes I sell millions of dollars of Christmas lights and prefer to pay to make things like this go away so i can spend time coaching my kids sports or cheering them from the stands rather than waste my Saturday pushing a lawnmower

Comment

Plus yard work s u c k s.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes it does! Hire one of those trailers going around the neighborhood. Or, taking up all the gas pumps at Bucees. I have plenty around here I can send your way.

My neighbors look at me like I’m crazy when I do my own yard work.

Comment

I’ve never paid for it, but did it myself last year. I definitely had no idea what I was getting into. A hay baler would have been nice to have.

Comment

Cost is not an issue if you don't want to do it yourself. Just hire it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post

Daaaaaang!!

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                      Well I’m not entirely sure what you are referring to. What I am certain of is that I’m not an a s s hole. If you don’t have relevant info, you can move on.

And yes I sell millions of dollars of Christmas lights and prefer to pay to make things like this go away so i can spend time coaching my kids sports or cheering them from the stands rather than waste my Saturday pushing a lawnmower
                      I’m with you!
                      Some stuff is easier for me to pay and have done!!
                      Not lazy, but I want to do other things after putting in 60 hours plus a week!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Daaaaaang!!
                        :-))

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post

Who in the **** cuts their grass on Saturdays? That’s what’s Wednesdays are for! I am interested in the Christmas lights though?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Daaaaaang!!
                            Easter bunny musta shat on his porch! Kinda bn a richardhead!

Comment

Originally posted by bulltx50 View Post
                              Cost is not an issue if you don't want to do it yourself. Just hire it out.
                              I’m not trying to cheap out on it... it is hired out. My lawn guy is a DPS officer that does it on the side and is so meticulous he would go back over my yard on his hands and knees with scissors if I would let him. But he always charges below fair market, and I want to make sure we pay him appropriately

Comment

Working...
                              X