Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like I'm going Ford for the first time....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats - be proud and wear the Blue Oval with pride.

Made the switch last year from Chevy to Ford. Chevy guy for over 50 years.

Best decision ever so far....

My experience with Chevys is that they chew transmissions like bubble gum once they get to 100,000 miles. My last Chevy, despite performing all recommended service, went through a transmission at 110,000 miles and a second at 140,000. I have had horrible experience with transmissions. My Chevy before that I replaced transmission at 165,000. One before that ate two transmissions during my ownership. I don't pull a thing - just drive with mostly highway miles. That is what caused me to say enough - who knows maybe in same boat with the Ford in a few years - if so I will try a Toyota if they can build one that gets over 13 MPG.

Everyone has a different experience with a particular brand.

Plus for my body type the Ford is a lot more comfortable seatwise. My last Chevy, within two weeks of ownership I was at the upholstery shop to try to alter the uncomfortable seats.

So enjoy your Ford - Congrats.

Comment

Been a Chevy/GMC guy for years, and so has my local mechanic. He says they have been going down in quality for several years now, and Ford has them beat hands down today. Just had to put $700 in my 2018 GMC, 57,000 miles, due to air conditioner trouble. It's apparently a known defect that GM won't stand behind because it's not a "safety issue". Transmission shifts roughly at times. Yada yada yada... So I may be leaning a different way myself soon! Hope you have good luck with that new Ford!

Comment

Ford drivers....congrats

Chevy drivers...condolences

Dodge drivers.....WTH ?

Comment

Both my f150s were awesome till about 125k miles then it was all downhill. Switched to Chevy, 55k miles so far and love it. We will see how it goes when I get to that 125k mile mark.

Comment

Put over 300,000 on my last three Chevys. Still got the 08 as a ranch truck. 2015 GMC is about to go over 200,000. Wifes 08 has been basically trouble free. She babies it though.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
              Once you get used to having both daytime running lights going, you’ll never look back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Lol no joke, never understood why something so simple both would never work.

Comment

I think ford may be slipping a little in quality. Older models were dang good.

Comment

It's your money. Purchase what you can afford and want.

BUT
                  Attached Files

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

You want be disappointed!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I went ford once but got tired of replacing parts, hopefully you won't have any issues.

Comment

Congrats on your purchase being what ever brand!!! BUT you made a wise decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                            Ford drivers....congrats

Chevy drivers...condolences

Dodge drivers.....WTH ?

[emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Grew up with chevys. My first truck was a Chevy. Last Chevy was a 2004 z71. I never had a month without an issue. It was 10 days old and the transfer case **** the bed. After that it was electrical, and even with the warranty it was 100 a pop everytime I pulled up to the dealership. I went Ford and never looked back.

Comment

I drive constantly back and forth for work and was always a gm guy had a ‘12 gmc that crapped out at 48k miles new engine and headache so I got a Ford 5.0 enjoyed it and the room it had but decided I wanted a gmc again and back to lifters failing and transmission problems finally decided to get Ford again and been happy the last 3 years and 80k miles later can’t complain fuel is better and performance when I need it is right there these ecoboosts are a great engine

Comment

Working...
                                X