No announcement yet.

Beware Costa sunglasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Their warranty is not what it used to be. I’ll be switching to Smith optics when the time comes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m on my third pair from the original purchase. You have to know how to ask

Comment

I always wore cheap polarized sunglasses, I never could bring myself to spend that kind of money on Costas. A buddy gave me a pair of his after a beach fishing trip. I now have 2 pair of Costas, say what you will but there is a big difference between cheap and Costas. That said, I am glad I came across this post. Might be time to look at the suggested options.

Comment

Thanks for the thread
          Makes sense now. I thought I was the only one with problems.
          I have three pair. Two pairs have plastic coming off them and one pair has a screw that keeps coming out!

Comment

I go with the Maui Jim - Have had them for about 4 years now. Need new lenses, so I guess I will see how that works out for me.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
              No problem with this approach at all, but if you use them to sight cast to fish then these probably won’t fit the bill.
              yep, they do and they work great! I wear the $19.99 panama jack polarized glasses for sight fishing!

Comment

Florida got a little upset with them.

the sunglasses struggle -

I've still got a few pairs of Costas

my Maui Jims have some kind of greasy coating on their lenses I don't like much.
                Smiths are just ok
                Have a pair of Oakley Holbrooks that are pretty good for all purpose wear.

I'm currently getting used to a pair of Flying Eyes which work great with a headset.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                  https://sunglassessettlement.com/

Florida got a little upset with them.

the sunglasses struggle -

I've still got a few pairs of Costas

my Maui Jims have some kind of greasy coating on their lenses I don't like much.
                  Smiths are just ok
                  Have a pair of Oakley Holbrooks that are pretty good for all purpose wear.

I'm currently getting used to a pair of Flying Eyes which work great with a headset.
                  I was contacted by the law firm several months back about that settlement. They sent me a link for the settlement claim form but I haven't heard anything back since.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                      I go with the Maui Jim - Have had them for about 4 years now. Need new lenses, so I guess I will see how that works out for me.
                      Nice 4 years, IMO that’s pretty good amount of time

Comment

Quality of Costa has been out to lunch for the last 3 years, at least.

Recently made the jump to Smiths. Great glasses so far!

Smiths

Comment

I wear RAYBAN's, tried Costa's, didnt like them.

Comment

Broke my lenses this weekend and since all of the horrible stories, i just ordered a pair of Fuse Lenses and going to replace my self.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
                              Broke my lenses this weekend and since all of the horrible stories, i just ordered a pair of Fuse Lenses and going to replace my self.
                              I put yellow fuse lenses in mine and use them for driving at dusk/dawn and sight fishing when it is a little too dark for amber lenses.

Comment

Working...
                              X