No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a weathered but in tact Yellow Jacket 2' x 2' target with very few arrows put in it. I can only shoot in my garage so close up only. Is Not tough enough for my cross bow. Compound arrows work fair but at such close range (10 yards or less) can go pretty deep as well. Several folks on this site are close by. Free if someone wants it. Georgetown near 130 and 29. I skipped on classifieds hoping someone close by on here wants it. PM or just respond here. I will check at least once a day and comment when it is gone. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchsun View Post
      I have a weathered but in tact Yellow Jacket 2' x 2' target with very few arrows put in it. I can only shoot in my garage so close up only. Is Not tough enough for my cross bow. Compound arrows work fair but at such close range (10 yards or less) can go pretty deep as well. Several folks on this site are close by. Free if someone wants it. Georgetown near 130 and 29. I skipped on classifieds hoping someone close by on here wants it. PM or just respond here. I will check at least once a day and comment when it is gone. Thanks
      Its gone.

Comment

Wear your big spray!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post

Wear your big spray!

Probably woulda been good to know that before I got mauled by mosquitos last night.

That's what I get for going unprepared!

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
            Probably woulda been good to know that before I got mauled by mosquitos last night.

Dang I’ve been going out all this past week soaked in permethrin. Still get torn up by skeeters and chiggers. No ticks at least!

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post

At least you’ve been hunting. This forum’s been dead for a bit.

Comment

The one night I stay in is the one night I get a decent sounder at my stand. I guess the fried fish and beer clouded my judgement

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf View Post

The one night I stay in is the one night I get a decent sounder at my stand. I guess the fried fish and beer clouded my judgement

Bummer. Did you put in for Georgetown this year?

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
                    Bummer. Did you put in for Georgetown this year?

You better believe it!

Comment

First time to granger

What area should I start? San Gabriel unit looks really dense and muddy maybe I should start there

Comment

Been a while since I had visited Gate 5 at San Gabriel area. Maybe 10 years ago? Not sure if anyone had hunted there lately.

I love that area. It was very dense and lot of tall grass. (Not sure if it is called that tall grass as it was tall as 5 to 6 feet high.) Last time, I visited there, there was waterhole but it dried up.

Comment

Looks like rules have changed to include sign in via the eOSR app. I never used it so more to learn. I hunt the easier access areas. Several if not most. I go maybe 2 miles in. Usually less. San Gabriel unit has diversity but other areas more challenging terrain and if younger would dig deep. 2 years and not ever let a bolt or arrow fly at a hog. Never drawn for deer but this year its mine. Feel it in my worthless ole worn mean and happy bones.

Comment

Yall keep NavyChief in your prayers. Covid has been kicking his ***.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                              Yall keep NavyChief in your prayers. Covid has been kicking his ***.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
                              wow. never met but have noted respect for this fella in comments etc. . Will do. Prayers

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchsun View Post
                                Looks like rules have changed to include sign in via the eOSR app. I never used it so more to learn. I hunt the easier access areas. Several if not most. I go maybe 2 miles in. Usually less. San Gabriel unit has diversity but other areas more challenging terrain and if younger would dig deep. 2 years and not ever let a bolt or arrow fly at a hog. Never drawn for deer but this year its mine. Feel it in my worthless ole worn mean and happy bones.
                                Yes, you will need to install "My Texas Hunt Harvest" app on your smartphone. After installing the app, you will need to add the account, using your license number, specifically Customer #. Then you can use Onsite Registration when you go on the PHL site, using the site number. For Granger PHL, that would be #709. It doesn't matter which gate you are entering. Hope that this helps to make things easier.

Anyway, pretty sure that everything had changed "landwise" - last time, I went there at Pecan Grove, I saw a big doe. She was about 20 yards away. She was startled as at same time, that I was startled. She ran off. She was pretty good size. I wasn't expecting to see a deer in that area as I was hunting for hogs. At San Gabriel, I saw couple hogs twice.
                                Last edited by bluenavigator; 08-23-2021, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X