Laguna Atascosa 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gburk View Post
    Euro? My son would do it I bet in case you’re still looking. He’s done a bunch of WTs. In austin. pm me if so

Nice bull, I’m still trying for my first
    Appreciate the offer. I took the head to some folks in Bertram.

I am also still trying for my first.

Comment

Glad it was a good year. I hate reading all these reports though. Somehow I have 5 points and still cant draw, then see people getting multiple years in a row. I just don't think this hunt will come my way.

Comment

Originally posted by jaredmartin View Post
        Glad it was a good year. I hate reading all these reports though. Somehow I have 5 points and still cant draw, then see people getting multiple years in a row. I just don't think this hunt will come my way.
        You have applied for 5 consecutive years for this hunt and have never been draw?![emoji848][emoji15]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

this was the rifle hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
            this was the rifle hunt.
            Ok, thanks for clarification. That makes more sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by jaredmartin View Post
              Years back (before they set up the new draw system) my dad and I got drawn for the rifle hunt two years in a row. I thought it might have been cause I took a hog and a doe the first year. My thoughts were that maybe they wanted people that shot hogs to come back. Don't know maybe we were just lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
                Years back (before they set up the new draw system) my dad and I got drawn for the rifle hunt two years in a row. I thought it might have been cause I took a hog and a doe the first year. My thoughts were that maybe they wanted people that shot hogs to come back. Don't know maybe we were just lucky.

If you didn’t shoot a pig the 2nd year, and then didn’t get drawn again the 3rd year... then you might be onto something.

And, I’ve been drawn 2 years in a row (archery) and taken a pig each time, so I should be a lock for year 3. Whoooohooooo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

There is no truth to that. No rhyme or reason or harvest incentive that leads to being drawn the following year. Ive submitted a proposed suggestion.

I've killed either mature bucks/mature nilgai along with bonus hogs each of my 4 times hunting Laguna. Yet 2018 I did not get selected. That debunks the harvests equals automatic-selection(which I wish was the case). Would be a nice incentive though!

Comment

The refuge should give golden tickets for those they kill nilgai since it's obvious they don't want them. Just my two pesos.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                      The refuge should give golden tickets for those they kill nilgai since it's obvious they don't want them. Just my two pesos.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
                      That's pretty much what I proposed

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                        There is no truth to that. No rhyme or reason or harvest incentive that leads to being drawn the following year. Ive submitted a proposed suggestion.

I've killed either mature bucks/mature nilgai along with bonus hogs each of my 4 times hunting Laguna. Yet 2018 I did not get selected. That debunks the harvests equals automatic-selection(which I wish was the case). Would be a nice incentive though!

I've been drawn four years in a row and haven't made it to a single hunt. Baby being born, great-grandmother passed, etc. Something crazy has popped up every time.

Comment

I font believe you rack up points for this hunt. I have put in for the rifle hunts for over 20 years and have never been drawn. Other hunters get drawn on their first time that they put in. This system is just random.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Has anyone heard how bad that cold snap affected the Nilgai population in and around Laguna Atoscosa?

Comment

Originally posted by FlyGuyy View Post
                              Has anyone heard how bad that cold snap affected the Nilgai population in and around Laguna Atoscosa?

Kennedy, King, and Armstrong reported low numbers of cows and young to mature bulls dying. Much of those that were killed were old bulls warn down from post rut activity. This said, we need rain bad because the storm killed much of their food.

Comment

Working...
                              X