18" 1:9 barrel
        Stoked!

Very nice. That will be a slick set up.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
          Very nice. That will be a slick set up.

Sierracharlie out....

I’m excited! I’m actually going to gain weight over my current rifle in this slot, but the stoke will make my load lighter.
          I currently pack a Kimber Adirondack that is under 5 lbs. w/out the scope. It may be hitting the classifieds.

Comment

I have brass, bullets, dies, primers and powder ready to go.

So the wait begins.

Good thing I have two other rifles that need a little tuning.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

How many orders did you get Robert? Sorry if you already mentioned it.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                I’m excited! I’m actually going to gain weight over my current rifle in this slot, but the stoke will make my load lighter.
                I currently pack a Kimber Adirondack that is under 5 lbs. w/out the scope. It may be hitting the classifieds.

You might not want to pick up any other rifle you own after you play with the new one.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Thank you again APR for doing this. I ordered the #1 in 6.5 PRC with Kryptek Altitude Reduced Camo. I can’t wait to get it out on an Elk hunt.

My question is about ring height. With the Leupold VX-5 HD in 3x15-44, (30mm) can I use Warne Mountain Rings in Low height or do I need Medium? What do you all recommend? Is there really any reason to go to the Leupold VX-6HD, other than the slightly larger range 3x18, vs. 3x15?

Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter X View Post
                    Thank you again APR for doing this. I ordered the #1 in 6.5 PRC with Kryptek Altitude Reduced Camo. I can’t wait to get it out on an Elk hunt.

My question is about ring height. With the Leupold VX-5 HD in 3x15-44, (30mm) can I use Warne Mountain Rings in Low height or do I need Medium? What do you all recommend? Is there really any reason to go to the Leupold VX-6HD, other than the slightly larger range 3x18, vs. 3x15?

Thanks!!

Not sure how the Warne rings are but on last years build the seekins 34mm low rings cleared a vx6-hd 4-24x52. Taking of rail might change that but I always start with lows and pray. As for the 6-hd you also get a locking windage which can be useful if you dope a lot and the aluminum scope caps which are nice. I would look for the clearance ones which brings them to 5-hd prices. I picked up 6-hd 3-18x44 tmoa a few years back for $850

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks BMAC. $850 is a smoking hot deal wow! I appreciate the feedback.

Comment

Figured I would bump this thread as it has been to quite. Ordered the 280ai Sammi with 25” barrel. Since I don’t reload and ammo has been pretty hard to come by I did manage to grab a 100 rds of 168 Berger vldH from copper creek last month. Said velocity is at 2950. Currently waiting on some accu bonds to become available from them since the green screen swears by them. Scope, I will probably run Swarovski z6 with a custom BT. Big fan of Swarovski scopes and have a couple of the Z5s. Track well and great glass. Back to the ammo, wanted to stay in the 160 range. My APR 6.5 prc with the 140 Berger elites is devasting and I really don’t see any need to go lower than 160 as the prc covers that. Obviously, some applications may require me to go lower. Nonetheless, just wanted to bump the thread and share my thoughts.

Comment

I hope they start the builds the way we read. From lefty to right!!!!! The wait is getting to me already. haha

Comment

I'm curious as well. Have rings and glas sitting here waiting "patiently"

Comment

Just picked mine up yesterday...

In my dreams [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Patiently awaiting the call that mine is ready, since I was order #1 this year!

Comment

Working...
                                X