X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone running a Anderson Hitch aluminum type in their truck

Anyone have this set up.....

pros and cons.....

I really like that it only weighs 30#....probably set up in 2 mins....

Thoughts?

Found one for $400

Nobody pulling their rig with one of these?

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Go for it.

Comment

Cons:

- $400
          - I know aluminum is strong, but I just can't trust it for the .0001% chance that in a dire situation, it's going to hold up.
          - If you tow in salty environments, I'd be concerned about electrolysis or galvanic corrosion between dissimilar metals (Your Steel receiver / Aluminum hitch)

Pros:

-30 lbs
          - Maybe it doesn't hurt as bad when you hit it with your shin?

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
            Cons:

- $400
            - I know aluminum is strong, but I just can't trust it for the .0001% chance that in a dire situation, it's going to hold up.
            - If you tow in salty environments, I'd be concerned about electrolysis or galvanic corrosion between dissimilar metals (Your Steel receiver / Aluminum hitch)

Pros:

-30 lbs
            - Maybe it doesn't hurt as bad when you hit it with your shin?
            ^basically this^
            Click image for larger version

Name:	anderson hitch.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	24645705

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post
              ^basically this^
              [ATTACH]1042907[/ATTACH]
              I'd suggest bolting it down next time!

Comment

They are awesome
                We ran the exact one in my buddy titan XD and towed toy hauler loaded w crew mule and all gear to new Mexico. The fact that it pops out and u get your bed back is genius

Comment

^basically this^
                  [ATTACH]1042907[/ATTACH]
                  Yikes, what’s the story?

Comment

^basically this^
                    [ATTACH]1042907[/ATTACH]
                    I'd like to hear the story. I know a couple of guys that have them and like them so that's what I was planning to put in my truck when we get a fifth wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                      I'd like to hear the story. I know a couple of guys that have them and like them so that's what I was planning to put in my truck when we get a fifth wheel.
                      Not Mine.
                      Just multiple stories from RV forums. (I have B&W)

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                        I'd suggest bolting it down next time!
                        But, but, but, then you can't just pop it out and carry the ONLY 30LBS

Comment

But, but, but, then you can't just pop it out and carry the ONLY 30LBS
                          What it actually does is give you a 2' tall ball sticking up in the air. Without anchoring that base down....it's really not doing shiat!

Comment

Some folks obviously don’t know how this attaches.

But anyway, the cons I’ve seen are (1) the picture above. There are documented cases of failure just like that on many RV forums. I considered getting one but decided against because of that alone. Yes I know it’s a rare but it’s there.
                            (2) you will work your landing gear A LOT on your trailer because it sits so high.

There are much better and safer options available and take up zero space on your bed other than a gooseneck ball; albeit much more costly.

Look into Reese Goosebox Gen 2 and Gen Y torsion 5th wheel box. Both replace your factory pin box and connect directly to you’re goose ball. These are NOT one of the old school adapters that would/could cause frame damage and void your frame warranty. These keep the stress at the proper points and do not void your frame warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              Some folks obviously don’t know how this attaches.

But anyway, the cons I’ve seen are (1) the picture above. There are documented cases of failure just like that on many RV forums. I considered getting one but decided against because of that alone. Yes I know it’s a rare but it’s there.
                              (2) you will work your landing gear A LOT on your trailer because it sits so high.

There are much better and safer options available and take up zero space on your bed other than a gooseneck ball; albeit much more costly.

Look into Reese Goosebox Gen 2 and Gen Y torsion 5th wheel box. Both replace your factory pin box and connect directly to you’re goose ball. These are NOT one of the old school adapters that would/could cause frame damage and void your frame warranty. These keep the stress at the proper points and do not void your frame warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              Yeah I looked at the Goosebox, but just couldnt justify the price....the Anderson I bought is rated at 26K pounds, trailer weighs 18K fully loaded...
                              I think that above pic they didnt torque the 3 bolts down properly....watched a you tube video, torque top bolt to 60# first and then the 2 for side to side to 60#.....I would like to know the story behind that.....

Comment

Working...
                              X