No announcement yet.

Live from Longview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope u see one of those that u have pics of. I’m in my stand outside Harleton. Windy, but hopefully they will be up after the storm from last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The 9 just cruised by in the brush. Grunted but no response. I’m sure he’s headed north to bed in the pines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

One horn is here

Comment

Comment

I have drawn a blank so far. My son on the other side of the property has seen a small buck chasing a doe (he said at warp speed), a decent 8 and another small 4 pt.

Comment

Live from Longview

Called it quits, just seen the two bucks.
              14 days till my next hunt.
              Wife will keep groceries pilled up once a week for me while I monitor cell cams.

Other than a 3-4 day hunt in west Tx next days off I’ll be hunting this spot everyday I can.

Comment

Be safe in Ok and good luck in 14 days.

Comment

This is the time around my Starville place also. I have seen some big deer in that area but never taken one.

Comment

Look who showed up.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

I sat in Harrison Co. this morning north of Nesbitt. Nothing but slicks. Marion Co. tomorrow dependent on weather

Comment

I’m outside Harleton..... have seen three small bucks and one decent 8 came to the grunt. That’s it so far.

Comment

I grew up just outside Longview (Dangicer road area). Left 46 yrs ago and haven't been back much since. Lots'a good memories haunting the woods in that area but not much deer there back then. Most deer hunting was around L O P/Diana area.
                            Y'all go get 'em! Good luck!

Comment

I have really high deer numbers around my house. I’m just north east of town on the edge of the city limits. I run a scrape camera and usually see 15-20 bucks visit it during the season.
                              This is my 6th year hunting my property and I’ve been fortunate to take 2 bucks and a few doe with my bow & muzzleloader there. Nothing huge but I have seen some really big deer in the past.

I have 20 acres with only about 4 acres realistically huntable woods.

Seeing 115-130” deer are common every year but killing them is a challenge. I have pictures of deer in the 150” ranger and my neighbor killed on 2 years ago.

At the end of the day if I can kill a mature bucks of any size on my home place I’m happy!

I hope this bucks hangs around a few more weeks, he’s most likely 4.5 and will score about 118, I feel like the other 9 is most likely dead since I haven’t seen him since Sept 29.
                              He would have been closer to 130”
                              And there is also a chance a new stud will show up any day!

I’ll post some pics of bucks over the years I’ve had on camera and the few that have been killed.

Comment

A few from the last 6 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X