rip buster welch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rip buster welch

he was 94. Buster Welch (May 23, 1928–June 12, 2022), born near Sterling City, Texas, is a cutting horse trainer and inductee into the NCHA Members Hall of Fame, American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame, National Cutting Horse Association Riders Hall of Fame and Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame. Buster was chosen as the recipient of the 2012 National Golden Spur Award for his "outstanding contributions to the ranching and livestock industry".

Buster won the NCHA World Championship four times, and the NCHA World Championship Futurity five times. The most notable horses he trained include Marion's Girl, Chickasha Mike, Money's Glo who he trained and in 1962 won the first NCHA World Championship Futurity, in 1963 he won it on Chickasha Glo, in 1966 on Rey Jay's Pete, in 1971 on Dry Doc, and in 1977 on Peppy San Badger. He won the NCHA World Championship on Marion's Girl in 1954 and 1956. He trained Mr San Peppy and won the NCHA World Championship in 1974 and 1976. he was on the show yelleowstone last season.
    Last edited by waterdog; 06-12-2022, 07:31 PM.

RIP Sir

Comment

RIP Buster.

Comment

Rip

Comment

Rip

Comment

Rest in peace

Comment

Had the pleasure of meeting the man, shaking his hand and making some lifelong memories on his ranch for the years I hunted it.

Sure hated to hear of his passing this morning. Not many men like Buster Welch.

Comment

Rip

Comment

RIP to a true Legend

Comment

Great man. My dad was friends with him since he was young. I hunted on his ranch for years until he sold it. Hung out with him at the ranch a lot. One of the biggest mistakes I ever made was not working on his ranch over the summer when I was young. He asked me every year, but I let having a girlfriend get in the way. Big regret.
                    RIP mr Welch.

Comment

RIP Mr Welch.

Comment

Was he on Yellowstone last season?

There are three Gods in Texas Jimmy: the Almighty himself, George Strat and Buster Welch.

RIP

Comment

Baxter Black passed away as well, on Saturday.

Two legends, two days. They were shining pennies in the creek of life.

Comment

Rip

Comment

Working...
                            X