Grieving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grieving

As I posted when it happened, I lost my 34 year old daughter in the early hours of September 6, 2021. That was close to 7 months ago. It has really HIT ME HARD this week. Since her death I have spent all of my time working and worrying about my youngest daughter, my wife, my son-in-law, and all four of my grandkids.
    I am not sure what has happened, but this week has been HELL. She has been on my mind extremely heavy and it is tearing me up. I am Mad, Sad, and LOST.
    Concentration at work is non-existent.
    I continue to take it day to day, but this week has been DIFFICULT.
    Not looking for sympathy, just looking for any advise anyone can offer on dealing with the loss, while maintaining my composure with day to day life and work..

Brother I wish I had the answers your looking for. A good friend of mine went through this last summer and I know there several on here that have been through this and they will be along shortly. My prayers are going up for you and your family.

Comment

Grief is a process and there are very real stages that you will find yourself in. The best advice I can give is don't try to do it alone. There are some things that we just are not meant to do solo and this definitely falls into that category. I would encourage you to find a counselor, therapist, pastor that you can speak with that will help you process this pain. I cannot say that i have heeded my own advice in the past but not having been through that, I really wish that I would have found some outside help long ago.

Comment

I know the pain. Many of us here do. Saltwaterslick, Rasclearms, Fishndude, and many more. My best advice is to talk to the Lord. Seek comfort in Him. He will provide all that you need.

It also sounds like you've been so busy worrying about your family, that you haven't taken time to truly grieve. It's hard, I admit. And takes time. The memories are my most treasured. There are lots of us here to reach out to. And shoulders to lean on. I'll be praying for you.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

I do know that parents are not supposed to bury their children. Prayers up for you, and I also encourage you to find a counselor or someone to talk to.

Comment

I lost my wife to cancer July 18, 2004. I would go weeks with not much grief and then something or nothing would trigger the grief and sometimes it was almost overwhelming. On one of those bad days I was sitting in the kitchen and I picked up the phone and called the wellness hotline the company I worked for had. They got me with a grief counselor and she gave me tools to help with my grief but more importantly told me it was okay. Sometimes as men we feel like we need to be strong and not show emotion but we need to be able to express emotion like everyone else.
            I still find myself thinking about that beautiful girl I got to have for 21 years and I let the grief come but, I know its natural and I'll be okay.

Comment

Prayers Up for You!

Comment

PM sent brother

Comment

Prayers for you. I recently lost my father, and I have my bouts with it as well. Forge on and rest assured that she's in a better place.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Anger, sadness and loss are all part of the process and can last for some time.

Take time for yourself, pray for comfort, seek help and talk about it. I will pray you find comfort and come to fully understand that you will see her again in her perfect form. May God hold you close and bring peace to your heart.

Comment

I am grateful I do not know this pain, am truly sorry for those that do. I cannot offer advice, but will pray that somehow you will have peace.

Comment

Prayers!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers sent for you and your family.

Comment

A wise friend once said the grief comes in waves. Those waves are big and come often, but over time, the space between the waves becomes greater and greater, and the waves become smaller and smaller. The waves though will always come.

But just know that where you are at right now is just a wave, and it will pass. Find someone to talk to. If you can't talk to anyone, write down what you are thinking. Deal with the emotions. Visit your daughter. Don't keep it bottled up. It will only make the next wave worse.

My prayers for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X