Anyone still use sour maze for catfishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone still use sour maze for catfishing

Growing up we had a 5 gal bucket souring pretty often and would dump some in the creeks when we put out lines. I have not done it in 20 years but about to again.

Ya works well

Comment

Yep...soured milo

Comment

Yes

Comment

Yep

Comment

Haven't done it in awhile but it sure worked well when we did. Used to fish with a buddy who would dip it out with his bare hand. And then "rinse" his hand with lake water before he continued to eat his sandwich...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Haven't done it in awhile but it sure worked well when we did. Used to fish with a buddy who would dip it out with his bare hand. And then "rinse" his hand with lake water before he continued to eat his sandwich...
              Whoa man, that’s nuts. Dang hand probably still smelled for a week

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                Whoa man, that’s nuts. Dang hand probably still smelled for a week

I just shook my head and told him to not touch my food or my drinks..

Comment

About to make a batch soon.

Comment

My Dad used to do it all the time when he was still alive. Worked well too.

Comment

The sinking fish food for ponds works pretty good too. Buy it at a feed store. The stink is made into it, just add it to water. I would pass over a creek bed dumping a coffee can of it, go back the next day and fish. The catfish were full of it.

Comment

Yep

Comment

I used to keep a PVC pipe feeder tied up to our dock on Lake Worth back in the 80s and 90s. Kept it full of sorghum or feed mill corn. Kept it brushed, too, for crappie during the winter and spring.

Comment

Got 2 buckets in my barn right now... Hope to get to use some of it here in a few weeks... That stuff and my brother's secret cheese-dough bait is deadly on Cornrow channel cats! Haven't been in a few years, but hope to get the grandsons out this Spring...

Comment

We used to do it with whatever leftover seed we had. Soured soybeans, corn, milo. Drilled a bajillion small holes in a 5 gallon bucket and then toss it in the lake tied to a rope. Pull it out and place the whole thing inside another 5 gallon bucket for transport. No mess.

Comment

Working...
                              X