Metal Building Builders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metal Building Builders

I am looking to have a metal shop built and want to see if anyone knows any reputable builders in the Brazoria County area. The building will be built in Angleton, TX.

I was going to build another pole barn but the quotes are absolutely ridiculous. I built a pole barn 4 years ago and the prices have more than doubled since that time. This inflation & lumber prices are totally out of control. If I can get an all metal building for close to the same price than I would rather go that route.

So, does anyone build metal building's or know of a good company that does?

I believe Sam (Traildust) has a brother or BIL that builds in that area. Might PM him.

@traildust

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      I believe Sam (Traildust) has a brother or BIL that builds in that area. Might PM him.

@traildust
      Thanks, sent him a PM.

Comment

Good luck... Lumber aint the only thing that went up. Tin and Metal is ridiculous. Was going to build another tractor shed but not now.

Comment

Ritchie Bros. is having an auction in Humble that started today and goes to the 17th. They have several pole barn kits with most of the materials up for bid on the 17th. Should get one for around $10-12k I would guess from what they went for in November at the last auction. Check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
            Good luck... Lumber aint the only thing that went up. Tin and Metal is ridiculous. Was going to build another tractor shed but not now.
            I agree. I don't think metal has went up at the same rate as lumber though. From all of the quotes I have gotten I can build a metal building for the same price as a pole barn. I built a pole barn 4 years ago at a different property. At that time it was about double the price for all metal vs a pole barn. Now they are the same cost...

I also am not opposed to buying a metal building kit & building it myself. If anyone knows of a good metal kit dealer. I have gotten a quote from Mueller & am working on a couple of others.

Comment

Metal has gone up every bit as much as steel. See what those Ritchie kits sell for and you will see

Comment

I’m interested to hear what you find. I’m looking to have a 50’ x 105’ steel building built in the same general area.

Comment

I dabble in steel buildings. Built some for friends/family. Just a kind of side business. I’m currently building a 40x50 for myself and will have have about $15/foot in just slab and steel/doors; no electrical or insulation. I would expect to pay around $20-25/foot paying a full time builder.

Comment

Statton Keith 903-215-0590 who is Statton48 on TBH. He built mine as well as a friends. Both very happy.

Comment

I’d check out General Steel

Comment

Originally posted by TexEnv View Post
                        I dabble in steel buildings. Built some for friends/family. Just a kind of side business. I’m currently building a 40x50 for myself and will have have about $15/foot in just slab and steel/doors; no electrical or insulation. I would expect to pay around $20-25/foot paying a full time builder.
                        I’ve been looking for a 30x50 red metal kit and the quotes I’ve gotten for just the metal without roll up or windows or slab is in the mid 30’s, is there a place to buy the kit or metal to DIY?

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
                          I’ve been looking for a 30x50 red metal kit and the quotes I’ve gotten for just the metal without roll up or windows or slab is in the mid 30’s, is there a place to buy the kit or metal to DIY?
                          I know you can buy a kit from Mueller. I am trying to get info on other places as well. For some reason I can find plenty of people who build pole barns but not so much on metal buildings.

Are the quotes that you have gotten for the 30 x 50 installed or just the kit?

Comment

Sounds high sir. I am having a building built turnkey for that price. Check out Hilco Buildings out of Navasota.

Comment

Check out J&I in Madill, OK. Quite a bit cheaper than Mueller and most steel is farm tax exempt across the river if you have a farm card.

Comment

Working...
                              X