T Bone Turner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T Bone Turner

Travis “T Bone” Turner is about to undergo amputation of his lower leg because of cancer. Let’s hope it comes in time to save his life. Evidently this cancer is somewhat rare but spreads very fast. I have no link but read it on another forum. The poster evidently followed T Bone on Instagram.

He always seemed like a good guy to me although I haven’t watched any hunting shows very much in years. My prayers are for his complete recovery.

Dang that sucks. Prayers for T bone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers for T bone- always liked him.

Comment

I really like watching T Bone. Hope all goes well.

Comment

He posted this on facebook two days ago. Sad deal and prayers for a successful surgery.

I wanted to let you guys know what WE have been going through the last 6 or 7 months.

So back in late July I had gone to the hospital for an infected Tick bite and while I was there getting an IV of antibiotics I asked them about a knot that I had noticed on my right shin that had come up a few weeks earlier the size of Grape. I asked the doctor at the ER about it and he said it's probably nothing but to keep an eye on it. The location of the knot is right beside a hematoma I have had for 10 plus years from where I had fallen in the deep snow while hunting in northern Wisconsin so I kinda thought it might be something to do with that.

By mid August the Knot had grown to be bigger than a Golf Ball so I went to see my Primary Doc who I'm really good friends with and he referred me to another General surgeon where we could figure out what it was and or what we may need to do operation wise to take care of it . It's now the very end of August as I go to the first appointment with the General Surgeon and the Knot has grown even more along with 2 smaller knots showing up beside it. After examination we scheduled an MRI of my leg to see what's going on in my right leg Below the knee. The MRI is around the 12th of Sept and by then all the Knots/Tumors are really starting to grow and the MRI shows there is a lot to the tumors and a large mass around my shin that's not bulging yet. Just a few days later the largest tumor now is as big as a tennis ball and it is busting through the skin and bleeding. I went back to the General Surgeon to discuss the MRI and also let him look at the exposed busted tumor. We decide that with what the MRI shows us that we need to do a Biopsy of it in which we do. It takes 10 days for the Pathology report to come back and it's not good news. Turns out I have CANCER , FIBRO SARCOMA . So my general Surgeon refers me to Emory Winship Cancer center in Atlanta. My first Appointment was at the first of October and Emory wanted their Pathology dept to figure out exactly what type of Sarcoma I have as it will determine our course of action.

Fast forward to the end of October after getting the pathology report back and a total body CT scan showing that I also had a 9mm nodule on my left lung. (which may or may not be cancer).

It's time to start our plan of attack. By now there are 3 tumors the size of softballs on my shin outside the skin. plus smaller tumors around that .(Constant dressing changing and truly a mess to deal with daily) . At this time they started me on Chemo actually 2 types of chemo for 5 days straight while i'm admitted in the hospital . This is the routine every 3 weeks . Extremely aggressive

A little about Fibro Sarcoma It is a very rare type of Cancer and extremely fast growing there are only about 15,000 cases per year and the only way to get rid of it is to surgically remove it. and it also tends to move to the lungs next if not taken care of.

As the Chemo treatments are winding down now and the CT scan shows no change in the size of the nodule on my lungs (which is a good sign) It's time to remove the Sarcoma from my right lower leg . The CT scan shows that the mass and tumors are so large and intertwined in my leg muscles and bone that there is no way to effectively remove the tumor and all the Cancer So I have to have my leg amputated above the knee next week.
          Wanted to let you guys know whats going on and also to think positive, smile , and thank you in advance for all the well wishes and prayers
          Love you Guys
          P.S. CANCER SUCKS

Comment

Hate to hear that. Always liked him.

Comment

I saw that. Horrible, hopefully they get it all.

Comment

Prayers up.

Comment

Comment

Prayers Sent to him and his family

Comment

Cancer sucks...He is good people.

Comment

One of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet.

Comment

Sending prayers for T-Bone.. Saw his facebook post about it as well.

Comment

One of my favorite tv hunting personalities. Good luck t bone.

Comment

**** it, that sucks. They should’ve done a biopsy of it within the first or second visit. Hope he pulls through without any further cancer

Comment

Working...
                              X