long range open sights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

long range open sights?

This is something i would like to play with on a 30-30 i have. Any suggestions on open sights to use?

A peep if they make one for your gun.

Comment

Check out some of Winds videos search long range lever action youtube videos

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
        Check out some of Winds videos search long range lever action youtube videos

That search shows several videos from several different users. is there a particular one to watch?

Comment

Not sure they make them for lever actions, but Montana Vintage Arms is what I have on a sharps rifle.

Comment

lyman and williams make some , the lyman is usually a better long range site,,, look for a tang mounted rear

Comment

Love a peep

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
                That search shows several videos from several different users. is there a particular one to watch?
                Try sagebrush long shots should lead you to his videos. Wind is the guys name he passed a few years ago. He sure made long range open sights look easy.

Comment

I had a Williams 5d on a marlin 336. It did pretty well. A lot of reviews on it said that it would not work with the factory ramped front sight, but I had no issues with it. Had mine mounted in the rear scope base holes

Comment

back in the day i had an adjustable williams peep rear with the grads .. the front was a bulb type and i made a super fine blade out of it almost like a needle .. worked awesome .

Comment

Call Matthew Quigley Lol should be some sliding peep options out there. As there is a whole following of people out there shooting cowboy style levers, Sharps and falling block style rifles.

Comment

Working...
                      X